Dead Pixels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macnoob00, Aug 1, 2016.

1. macnoob00 macrumors member

just found a ton on my iPhone 6 :(, due for a upgrade by trying to wait it out.
    What should I do really thing about a 6s plus

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I assume it's no longer under warranty or you don't have AppleCare+? :(

Might be worth taking it to an Apple Store anyway, see what the financial damage is to repair/replace. Might help you decide if it's worth upgrading. Regardless it's probably just a month away for the new iPhone, so if you can hold off until then, the prices of the 6S/6S+ may drop a little...

3. macnoob00 thread starter macrumors member

Been think about heading to the Apple Store but was afraid to hear the price for a fix, I'm really hoping the price isn't too bad or I might have to wait it out.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

5. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

I was pleasantly surprised to find the prices for the repair are actually so much more affordable than I expected.

6. macnoob00 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info gonna hop into a Apple Store this Friday

7. BruceButtcheeks macrumors member

BruceButtcheeks

Be sure to make an appointment or you could be there till Sunday if it's anything like my Apple Stores.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Seriously.. My local Apple store has been under renovation since March. Was suppose to open in May but who knows whats taking so long. Because of this renovation, every Apple store within 50 miles of the closed store is booked on appointments 7-10 days in advance. It is almost impossible to get an appointment within 48 hours unless you stalk it and someone cancels last minute. Its insane. Forget about going in and waiting standby. I was there last Thursday, standby was 6 hours and there is still a chance you won't be seen after waiting 6 hours.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Definitely make an appointment. My iPad wouldn't install 9.3.3 and tried everything and would just not install even in dfu mode and kept getting the Error Code 50. Last week I checked, earliest available was for today. Checked on Friday again to see if there was any thing earlier. They had 1:50 pm available on Saturday and I quickly rescheduled and moved it earlier. Got my replacement today as they had to order one for me.