Dead Pixels?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 29, 2010.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone has had a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen since the day I got it. Will apple replace it or does it have to have more then just one?

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

No. One dead pixel is not a severe problem. If you had a whole line of them across the screen then they would probably replace.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You could always call or go in to find out. *shrug*

4. hchavarria macrumors 6502

In my experience as long as you can replicate the problem, in this case show them the dead pixel they will replace it.

5. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

They should and will most likely replace a phone with a dead pixel. It is a defect and therefore falls within the warranty guidelines.

6. boxster99t macrumors member

Make a genius bar appointment and exchange it--in my experience, as long as you can demonstrate the "problem", it's highly likely they'll swap you out no questions asked.

My screen is perfect--I checked various colors using the free MyLite app, first thing out of the box, as I had heard about the yellow spot issue. If I had a dead pixel, I would not live with it. This is not like a widescreen TV that you're viewing from 8-10 feet away. I would think a dead or stuck pixel would draw your eye to it, now that you see it.