Dead Rising Wii: After hours, when everybody has left.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's what Capcom should have called it, since the following video comletely contradicts every bonehead out there, that believes a Wii can't handle TEH zombies.

Watch this video comparing a PS2 game to Capcom's recent efforts, or lack there of;
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/257353.html

If it doesn't play, download the AVI and use VLC to play it back.

Anyways, HOLY CRAP Capcom, WTF?!

Do you guys not see how freaking lazy developer have been with the Wii. Do they honestly believe this crap is acceptable?

And if someone uses this as a case to why a PS2 is more capable than a Wii, I'll have to slap them virtually. :eek: I'm not BUYING this game now, unless Capcom fixes it or offers it on the cheap.

<]=)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But that footage from dead rising could be misleading. That could be in develeopment footage and not indicative of the final product.

Other than lack of zombies it looked very close to the 360 version albeit in low res.

Why not wait until the game is out and you can compare properly then. Until that time it's just conjecture and pointless whining.

* takes Jackaxe for a walk along the old rusty bridge, and helps him 'get over it' *

:)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Way to make use of that Wii! Regardless of anything the GC and Wii can manage many of the same objects. It was kinda in the early blueprints, as it were.

4. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I just like to rant. I've only had 3 hours of sleep since Sunday and I'm currently buzzed on a Hanson's energy drink and 3 shots of expresso.

I hope this is develpoment footage, but it's September, the game is slated for Winter! :eek: They still need to print up DVDs and get it out to the stores.

What can they really do to make this game better in such a short period of time?

I'll have my DR copy, even if I gripe about it and say that I won't get one, but if this game is as bad as it looks and the game sells well, I'll have just contributed to another reason for Capcom to continue down this path.

<]=)

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

I read somewhere that the video was a development copy and that they were hoping to add in more zombies over the coming months. That was off of Kotaku I believe.

Paul

6. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Supposedly they're shooting for 100 zombies, which I'm sure given the time they could achieve.

They say that's a developer video, but there is an official trailer showing RE4, then DR 360 then that footage. They probably should have waited before showing anything, because this game looks really poor, especially for a game built on the RE4 engine.

This game doesn't look ready for prime time, so I'll just have to see how the next few months pan out, because there's not much time for production if they want to get this game onto shelves by winter.

<]=)