Dead Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Krabba, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

My Sport died tonight. I was at about 50% battery just before dinner. About halfway through I went to check the time and... nothing. All black screen. No response to taps, the side button or Digital Crown. Got home and placed it on the charger for a couple hours... nothing. I have taken excellent care of it so it can't be physically damaged. Any idea what's up? Anyone else experienced this?

I have a lunchtime Genius Bar appointment tomorrow. My watch was a Fathers Day gift so I'm hopeful that they will replace it under the 1-year warranty.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No need to be "hopeful" that they'll replace it. If it's less than one year old (which it is as it was a Father's Day gift), they're obligated to replace it.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Apple might elect to repair rather than replace. Either way you will have a working watch.

4. Krabba thread starter macrumors regular

Krabba

I believe I have a zombie watch. Took it off the the charger this morning and it was still dead. Fiddled with the side button/Digital Crown for a bit and voila, white Apple appears. After 30 second or so it goes to the lock screen and everything seems normal.

I'm going to cancel my Genius Bar appointment and give it a week or so to see if it occurs again. Definitely plan to take it in if it does so I can stay within the one year warranty.

5. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

Something similar happened to my Sport. I did a hard reset and it appeared to fix the issue. I believe some other users reported a similar issue with their Sport Watches.

6. Krabba thread starter macrumors regular

Krabba

I should have mentioned in my original post that I tried a hard reset last night but nothing happened. I did not try one this morning, just rolled/pressed the crown and side button a bit before it powered up. Weird, but I'm just happy to be back in the land of the living.