Dead Sport

Krabba

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
My Sport died tonight. I was at about 50% battery just before dinner. About halfway through I went to check the time and... nothing. All black screen. No response to taps, the side button or Digital Crown. Got home and placed it on the charger for a couple hours... nothing. I have taken excellent care of it so it can't be physically damaged. Any idea what's up? Anyone else experienced this?

I have a lunchtime Genius Bar appointment tomorrow. My watch was a Fathers Day gift so I'm hopeful that they will replace it under the 1-year warranty.

Krabba

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
I believe I have a zombie watch. Took it off the the charger this morning and it was still dead. Fiddled with the side button/Digital Crown for a bit and voila, white Apple appears. After 30 second or so it goes to the lock screen and everything seems normal.

I'm going to cancel my Genius Bar appointment and give it a week or so to see if it occurs again. Definitely plan to take it in if it does so I can stay within the one year warranty.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

BSG75

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
Something similar happened to my Sport. I did a hard reset and it appeared to fix the issue. I believe some other users reported a similar issue with their Sport Watches.

Krabba

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
I should have mentioned in my original post that I tried a hard reset last night but nothing happened. I did not try one this morning, just rolled/pressed the crown and side button a bit before it powered up. Weird, but I'm just happy to be back in the land of the living.