Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
"A fake Steve Jobs is promoting an Android powered tablet called the "Action Pad" in a Taiwanese commercial. In it, Taiwanese actor Ah Ken, who has previously imitated the former Apple exec, plays Jobs." Kotaku

YouTube Video

Reuters

triptico_1328185261631.jpg

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
It is in poor taste, actually- very poor taste.

I wouldn't have payed them any attention though.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Might be in bad taste,but hilarious nonetheless.

Yep. Hilariously bad, but still hilarious.

Anything can be joked about if you give it enough time. Steve's been dead long enough to start making fun of him. He's not a god or an idol, he was just a man.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Ok if he was alive and good then it would be funny but since he is not I find it tasteless and disrespectful. Just my opinion but you don't disrespect the dead :apple:

yuenadan

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Taipei, Taiwan
I saw this ad when I went to a 3C shop on Nanjing E. Road. They had it looped on a big LED TV. I was appalled, glad to see I wasn't the only one.

I love living in Taiwan, and the people here are very good on the whole, but these guys are just turds...

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
It's just because the commercial is so poor- I didnt think it needed any attention. No one takes this seriously.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I think this sort of imitation is a disgrace to Steve and his family.

The Lincoln family says the same thing everytime the 3rd grade class at Elm Street Elementary dons their fake beards and top hats made out of construction paper to quote the Gettysburg Address.

You know, life was a lot simpler when a parody didn't involve possibly infringing on the "Copyrighted look and image" of a person. THAT is the tragedy to me.

Once you are dead, not like you care.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
It's not like they were portraying "Steve Jobs" in a bad light. It's almost like they're looking up to him.

I do think it was a bizarre idea, but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

These types of things come back to haunt them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.