Dead strip + Dampness = 2 dead strips?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jollyboy86, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jollyboy86 macrumors newbie

Okay, here is the thing. A long time ago I dropped my iphone 2g (no marks or anything). Most of the screen was white (I could only see the top part). But the touch still worked. I took it to a local repairman and he changed the screen. Now everything was visually okay, but bottom strip was unresponsive to touch. I went to the repairman again and when I got it back there was still the same thing. After I took it back again it worked for a week. But now.. as I was taking it back I have reason to believe that it got a little bit wet. Not like soaked it water, but maybe a little bit rain on it. Atleast a little bit damp.

Now there is a new strip similiar to the other one right above it. Here are my questions about it.

1) May it be because of the dampness. Because the phone itself works okay and everything seems normal. Only one strip doesn't work.
    2) Can I somehow fix it (atleast the new strip, I can still use it okay with the old one). Maybe open it up, clean it? It bothers me how it is only one part and the picture still looks okay. Isn't 2G's screen like in totally one piece?
    3) If I take it back to the repairman can he tell that it has gotten wet if he opens it up?

Thank you.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Look in the dock and earphone connector. Can you see any red? That would indicate water damage.

3. Jollyboy86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. I see no red whatsoever. But like I said - it didn't really get like dropped into a toilet or anything. It did get pretty damp though. Maybe those indicator parts just didn't really get any water on them at all.

4. Jollyboy86 thread starter macrumors newbie