Dead/stuck pixel

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by efp722, Jul 10, 2009.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

I have a dead or a stuck pixel on the lower part of the screen of screen. It's blue and very noticeable. I went to apples page and loaded up their flash page but it didn't do anything for it.

My question is can i take it to the store and have them do something to fix it? It's still under warranty and everything

2. MaCdUdE909 macrumors newbie

3. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

4. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

Once I See it pop again i will post a picture. It's something that shows up and stays for days and the goes away. Kind of odd. Thanks!

5. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Yeah, pixels will stick and unstick by themselves at random sometimes.
    With large tvs there usually has to be a certain amount and they have to be in a certain area (like bunched together) before they'll replace the screen.
    I'm not sure how they work it with the 3.5 inch touch screen for warranty.

6. rworne macrumors 6502

At least you have that option of returning it. My Touch has been reliable since they were first released - until last week when I was greeted by 4 stuck pixels when I turned it on: red, blue, and one green all stuck on and one green that flickers. All within a 1/4" square.

Pressing against the back slightly makes most or all of them disappear for a brief while. I'm waiting to see if it gets worse (which is likely).

7. jonathanmc07 macrumors newbie

yea, this happened to me a while ago. as long as you are able to reproduce the dead pixel (mine kept disappearing when i actually went in to the store) they should just replace it. - you might also take a picture of it to prove the problem [the screen shot shows the real pixel, not the dead one]

8. masamune macrumors newbie

I´m with the same problem. I called Apple and they´re sending TNT to pick the macbook pro and then deliver a new one... I wonder how long will it be until I finaly get it.