Dead TimeCapsule Disk?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PcBgone, Sep 28, 2008.

1. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I came home this afternoon to errors stating my server cant be found, along with itunes unable to locate my music library.

These are stored on my Timecapsule. I do have internet access, and can browse just fine. However the drive doesnt appear in finder and is not mounted to my desktop. I have checked airport utility and it does have checked enable file sharing.

Did my hard drive in my TC bite the dust or is there anything else I need to check with it? I just purchased it this past march, I dont have a local apple store who would I call about this? It was ordered from Apple Directly. I registered it and it states I dont qualify for over the phone support.

Where do I turn next?

2. PcBgone thread starter macrumors 6502

PcBgone

If anyone cares, I called Apple. They were going to try to erase my TC, and see if that corrected the problem. However Airport Utility didnt recognize the TC disk. At that point the tech decided to simply send out a new unit. Ive had zero problems with my TC since I purchased my TC in March of this year. It has been absolutely a breeze and I loved the ease of use. I was shocked to find that there was no warning of the disk failure however. No noise, no slowness, nothing! It simply decided to die.

I have a new TC coming in a few days. The question is do I want to utilize the new one or just sell it, get an AE instead, and look to a Nas or Drobo for backups?

3. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

well i think you may as well keep it as TC is a pretty good item to have. Depends if you want to spend crazy Apple money on TC or save the money and buy something (just as good) cheaper.

Just a quick question for anyone who bothers to read this thread (or OP), how do you store files on TC? Such as your iTunes music library which you mentioned.

Thanks for any help in advance.

4. PcBgone thread starter macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I simply created an Itunes folder, and pointed Itunes to that folder. I also had a picture folder that stores pics(which those are backed up online).

5. PcBgone thread starter macrumors 6502

PcBgone