Dead (touch) area of my iPhone :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeonTV, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

I was running with my iPhone and I think it got a little sweaty. Afterwards I realized that a horizontal line of my screen was unresponsive to touch. Its the area where if you shake the phone it pops up the "undo" or "cancel" prompts. If that appears then I can hit undo or cancel. I have to hit the home button in most cases.

Is there any way to restore a section of the screen that is dead to touch?

2. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

if your still under warranty (win!), id go to a apple store. sounds like a hardware failure of some kind. You could try a restore too.

3. advres Guest

advres

Hopefully it is under warranty. That happened to my 1st gen a few weeks after I got it. They replaced the phone free of charge.

4. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

The iPhone is mega old. fist gen, 2G - thus no warranty.

Restore didn't help either :(

5. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

6. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I know. I plan to upgrade. But I'm in Asia for the next six months. I have to wait until I'm back in Canada.

7. rtabdo macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have a couple friends with 2G's and they're also starting to crap out on them. I'm not sure how long you've had your phone but my guess is you're going on 3 years now. The nice thing is you can get some cash for it on gazelle.com or some site like that and upgrade to a iPhone 4.

Hope that helps

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

I had the same problem with my 2G. It was hardware failure, and it happened in the first year, so Apple replaced it, no questions asked. Your phone is *dead*, sorry. :(

9. puggles macrumors regular

the same thing happened to my 3gs a couple weeks ago except its at the bottom row of the keyboard....i think its a conspiracy to get us to buy iphone 4's!!!