dead trackpad, stuck cursor, keyboard dead? Wtf?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pamon, Mar 27, 2008.

1. pamon macrumors 6502

3 mo old MBP, BTO 2.6/4G/250GB. Had problems starting last night. Computer turns on and works except the keyboard doesn't light up or work plus the trackpad is dead a/ the cursor stuck in the top left screen area. Applied all recent updates, reset pram, and was working 2 nights ago. Now this? Plugged in USB mouse and it works fine.

Help!!!!

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Do you have a Apple store near you or something?

I would show it to them. They will hopefully repair it.

3. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, scheduled genius appt tomorrow night. appears like this is a common problem w/ a recent update done w/ the MBP's. hate this...

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I believe this was suppose to be fixed with 5.2?

5. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

agree... now wondering why i'm getting it now... i've googled it up and see others with the same problems. i'll give applecare a call in the morning and see.... typing this up on my windows machine. argh...

6. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

bumping for any answers to my problems? anyone have this happen?

7. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I had this same issue last week and I did some research on Apple's Support Discussions and found this topic: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1365569. This fixed my issue long enough for me to get through the rest of my classes for the week and drop it off at an Apple Store on the weekend (although it was refused service, but that is another story). Although the Apple "Mac Genuis" said that I needed to get the logic board, keyboard, and topcase (which includes the trackpad) to fix this issue.

8. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Just dropped mine off, 2.6 GHz / 4 GB / 17", for popping speaker, sticky hinge, sticky trackpad button, and the kicker bad memory. Seems to be a lot of issues with this version MBP. :mad:

9. HerbyGunther macrumors member

Wow! Good to have seen this thread and that link of yours. Sounds good! I have exactly the same problem with a quite new MBP. After it got fixed for the same problem 3 weeks ago, the problem came back. I went nuts!!! Will try the solution tomorrow.

10. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

mine seized up again but due to the failed installationof the latest keyboard update. Reinstalled it and was back working. Wierd

11. john.kennedy macrumors newbie