Dead Unlocked 3G iPhone - Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cisuk, Oct 27, 2010.

1. cisuk macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an unlocked 3G iPhone and I'm using it with a O2 SIM card.
    Sometimes when I received a call I lost the coverage and the words No service appeared at the top left corner of the screen but after few seconds I recovered the coverage and everything was back to normal.

But this is the second time it happens to me that after the words No service and after a few minutes the iPhone goes to dead. Black screen, iTunes does not recognize it, it is not possible to charge it.

I have tried to reset it by holding both top power button and home button together for a few seconds and it is still the same. The icon of the apple (with a bite on it as it is unlocked) appears but nothing else happens.

First time it happened to me I brought it to the 'shop' in which I got it unlocked and, after deleting all my data, they got it to work again. Right now I cannot go to the shop and I would really need to keep my data.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

2. yac macrumors newbie

First plug the iPhone into the wall charger, and wait a couple of minutes.

Next, try holding down both the sleep button and the home button concurrently for longer, in fact hold them both down until you see the Apple logo in the display. If you've held them down for one full minute and nothing happens, let it charge for a while longer(such as half an hour) then retry this procedure. Keep charging with the wall charger and keep trying.

Also try plugging your iPhone into other computers, such as a Windows machine. Look for any activity in the systray such as found devices etc.

I've also had the No Service appear, and i had to briefly toggle Airplane mode to get it back(it wouldnt come back by itself in 30 or so seconds).

Using an iPhone 3G on 3.1.2, JB'd + unlocked.

Good Luck!

3. cisuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi yac,

Thanks for your reply although it did not work for me.
    I'm afraid I will have to bring it again to the shop in which I got it unlocked and I'll lost all my data.

Thanks!