Deadlock: Planetary Conquest on Intel OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Ensign Paris, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hello,

I've just come across some loads of old CD's, which included finding a copy of Deadlock: Planetary Conquest. This used to be my favourite game as a teenager, and I would love to get it working on my current MBP.

I can't seem to find any decent OS 8/9 emulators that work on Intel, I have a CD of OS8 and 9 too if that is any help!

Any ideas on how I could do this? Or on a lighter note, any body remember just how kick ass this game was!!

Warm Regards,
    Ensign

2. headset macrumors member

Yeah I love that game. Totally underrated. Might have to boot ye olde powerbook into 10.4 and play a round...

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You could try Sheepshaver, but you'd probably have better luck trying to run the PC version in Wine or Crossover.

4. MaxZero macrumors newbie

I should think Sheepshaver is probably capable of running it, the spec requirements were pretty low. I could play it on a Performa 5200

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's not the specs that are the issue, Sheepshaver's features aren't mature. A lot of things don't work. Definitely worth a shot though.http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20 is the place to ask if you run into difficulties.

6. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

If you want a Deadlock-like game that runs on an iOS device you may or may not have, I recommend Starbase Orion. It's fantastic.

P.S. I have no affiliation with the guys who made that game :)

7. divamatt macrumors newbie

Also enjoyed Deadlock quite a bit as a teen, only to realise, playing as an adult, that I had no idea what I was doing back then.

This happens a lot, especially with more strategic games. Stars! anybody??