Deal Alert - Moto X for $299 on Monday

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

2. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

wow. what a deal.

3. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Damn with wood back availability!
    Shoulda waited for this :p

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it is a great phone at a great price.

5. rapicell macrumors regular

Oh nice, I almost bought one this morning, glad I got distracted lol

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I seriously dont see why they think that wood back looks good. They should give me $25 to buy one of those ugly things and i still wouldnt do it.

7. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

8. Sensamic macrumors 68030

So great Motorola... So great...

Meanwhile in Europe they're charging 439€ for the phone...

So great Motorola... So great...

9. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Let's take away the 20% VAT rate and convert Euro to USD and the price is... 498€ (And that doesn't include custom fee's that Motorola has to eat!)

Looks like you are saving 50 Euro's compared to what those in us in the U.S. have been paying! Might want to keep that in mind.

BTW, blame the Euro countries and their b.s. VAT rates! Luckily, I moved before the rate in the UK hit 20% a couple years ago. I think the Nordic countries pay even more in VAT!

10. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'd like to jump on this for a spare phone or maybe just to hack, but a 1 hour window to order? Moto's website will be so clogged that it'll probably crash.

11. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It's less, but you still pay 10% in California. Other states vary, but the US version of VAT/sales tax isn't included in the stated price. This differs from a lot of other countries, so they be thrown off by it.

12. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

California is 7.5% on consumer goods, not 10%??? Where did you get 10% from?

But you are correct. The actual out of pocket expense is actually ~ $50 more than the stated online price.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Doh! I was thinking specifically of LA state and local. I haven't had to deal with it in some time, and it seems to have gone back to 9% since down from (IIRC) 9.75% combined in that city.

14. rapicell macrumors regular

moto maker has a note about the promotion, but it's not being applied to my purchase. Guess I'm not buying one if they're not going to follow through with what they say

15. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

You go to the main Motorola page and request a code (just like last time). Once you are emailed the code you can get the phone for $299. I was emailed saying it will be several hours before I can expect my code.

16. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Fantastic deal. I saw the wood back IRL and it's gorgeous.

17. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

If I hadn't just bought the Moto G and Lumia 520 I'd probably go for this.....I got both those phones for $281.33 - I wouldn't necessarily mind spending $50 more to pick up the Moto X.....

Don't think I want to go through the hassle of returning the G and Lumia though. Specially since I had to tear open the Lumia packaging and tossed it....

EDIT: Now the deal is $329 for a 16 GB through Feb 14th.....

18. Lloydbm41 thread starter macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I know what you mean. I just bought the Lumia 1520, but it hasn't stopped the craving I have had for the Moto X since it was released. I got myself a $100 code and will be buying one. I thought the Nexus 5 was a steal at $350 unlocked. The Moto X kills that at $299!

19. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

You'll love it. I love my Verizon developer edition. Got it at the beginning of this month for 450. Even better deal now with the discount.

20. rapicell macrumors regular

I realized that after searching google for a bit and managed to get a code in time, but now I keep getting errors at checkout and of course their support team just says "idk, can't help you"

Guess I'm still not getting a moto x -.-

21. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

just be calm. I am sure thousands received a code and are blowing their website up. Is the code good for a week? You will probably have better luck either later today or later in the week. If you are not going to use the code, PME the code and I will :)

22. rapicell macrumors regular

I'd rather sell the code or let it expire then just give it away :p
    Anyways, I doubt the sheer amount of people trying to check out would be the reason for the site claiming to have an error with my credit card, even though everything is entered correctly and it has the needed funds. I suppose I can try calling again, but it seems I just have back luck with moto maker lol