Deal Extreme Knockoff Apple Bumpers Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Jan 7, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

For Those who saw my comparison video between a knockoff and official bumper, here's sort of an expansion to the same video. I got 3 more bumpers from them and used all of them for a week or so and I want to just show you guys how they turned out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOwfaiqHacU

Enjoy :)

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

nice video, did you see any markings from the case on the antenna band? thanks for the great reviews.

3. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

It didn't. There were marks on my band from the incase slider, but I didn't see new ones after using these

4. Sh00tingStar macrumors member

I doubt that the buttons falling off had anything to do with one particular color. I've had buttons randomly fall off of some knockoff bumpers while staying attached to others. To prevent loss of the those pesky little buttons, I took to trying to force them off with a pin, and super gluing any that failed.

No more trouble.

5. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, you're probably right.. Although there are pretty drastic differences between the ones I had

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

from what i read at the swbox thread it seams like the quality is so hit am miss no matter what color you get. i think the super glue idea was good.

7. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just my opinion but I don't think the super glue method is worth it for the DX bumpers, they're less than $3 now, so it seems like the effort isn't worth it for something that doesn't cost much

8. obyte macrumors regular

What? It's not like the super glue fix actually takes effort. You put a drop of it and re-apply the buttons. That is soooooooooo much effort.

9. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Still not worth it for a $3 case. the official bumper, sure not a cheap knockoff that might just fall apart sooner or later anyways

10. m1ndgam3z macrumors newbie

Good review,

I think you're having a problem with the bumpers though because you're putting it in all wonky...

You're putting it in button sides last, possibly causing stretching of the top part out, causing the earphone hole to stretch out, and you're sliding it over your buttons, causing possible misalignment and POSSIBLY (not sure, but mine are weird because of the fact) damaging the home/volume button (mine is loose because of the SwitchEasy Nude...kinda hard to get off my phone)

Rule of thumb: Buttons in first, I have no problems with alignment and such with my DX bumpers, and I got all of them (except black)

I don't know if this helps in any way, but it was always a rule when I used to review cases for the iPhone 3G (since then, retired from reviewing =P)

Keep up the great work

11. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but as far as the buttons are, they've been like that since I got them. Not too sure about the headset jack though, Its been a hit or miss thing, the orange one got stretched, but the others not so much.