iPad Deal on iPad Air / rMini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SteneDave, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SteneDave macrumors member

Hi, I have an opportunity to buy either:

- Used iPad Air 64GB WI-FI only (great condition, warranty, full package) for 480$

or

- Used iPad rMini 32GB Cellular (also great condition and warranty but just with charger + leather smart case) for 460$

Do you guys think either one of these is a good deal or should I wait for next gen ? I surely don't want to spend too much for an iPad and 16GB is useless for me..

Thx

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'm partial to the cellular iPads and also prefer the Mini over the Air so I'd go with that option.

Here are the prices Apple is charging for those same iPads (refurbished) for comparison:

iPad Air 64GB Wifi - $589
    iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE - $529

So looks like either one is a good deal for you it just depends on whether you want the iPad Air size and more storage or prefer the iPad Mini size and want cellular capability.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Cellular is a must for me, you got to decide!

4. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Do you prefer a larger screen or a more compact device? Do you prefer more memory or LTE connectivity?

I love the form factor of the mini, 32 GB is enough for me, and I use LTE for the GPS all the time, but what's best for me isn't necessarily going to be best for you.

5. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

why are you even considering the used route when best buy is going to be having awesome promos soon with sale prices and the ability to drop .edu and/or movers coupons depending on if the employee is willing to scan both

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Depends on what you want to do with iPad? Watching movies? Full size iPad is perfect. Reading some stuff? Mini with retina is fine. I choose full size iPad Air so I can watch Netflix and other movies with easy to read closed captioning. :apple:

7. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I won't have an iPad that is not cellular. Having a wifi only device is too limiting.
    Get the rMini.