deal or no??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmanmatty, Aug 1, 2013.

1. macmanmatty macrumors regular

I can buy a mac pro 3.1 2008 model 2.8 ghz dual quad core 8 cores total with 16 gb ram, 3 tb hard drive space 1 x 500 7200 rpm 2x 250 7200 rpm 1x 2tb 5200 rpm drive, 2 super drives, nvidia gpu card and a wirless and bluetooth card. He said gazelle would give him 395 and he was considering it I said would you sell to me for 400? he said sure. But at this price is it a good deal?? I would mainly be running audio processing applications such as logic doing so audio tracking with interfaces and do some some coding / web development. Is this machine too outdated for the price?? I know it really can't be upgraded that much further if at all. But is it a deal or should I look at something else?

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You might want to go to Mac2Sell.com and check the price. This seems like an pretty damn good price for what you would be getting. And considering (so far) Mavericks will run on it, you will be able to get some life out of it.

At that price I would upgrade the boot drive to an SSD and you will be pretty happy.

I have the same machine with two SSD's and was worried about Mavericks not supporting my machine, but now I am a happy clam. For now at least unless something changes with Mavericks.

3. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Get it before he will change his mind. Great deal.

4. macmanmatty thread starter macrumors regular

just told him I wanted it and went and payed him. Will pick it up this night.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

you got a great deal...

6. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I can tell you that I sold a 3,1 Dual 2.8 Mac Pro with 250GB HD, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5770 video card, 2 SuperDrives, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Brand new keyboard and mouse, manual, discs and cables with the original box for $800 to TurnTronics. The machine was in like new condition and they gave me more than the other resellers. They were excellent to do business with. So, yes, if the machine is in good working order, it's a great deal.

Lou

7. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Maybe a deal....

based in the components/upgrades made, if all are working well. And no cosmetic and functional issues....

But that is a outdated CPU....and CPU does the work, so figure out....I will say I would do: Buy it and part it out....

:):apple: