DealExtreme claim - experiences

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tillit, Feb 28, 2011.

1. tillit, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

tillit macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought external battery coupel of months ago:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2000ma...al-battery-pack-for-iphone-3g-3gs-white-41999

But this battery burned my phone. So I claimed money for the item and my iphone back:

(the phone is not in warranty service, since it was damaged by accessories. There's written "iphone's power management burned. not repairable - only to change logicboard" in the service report)

Has anyone from this forum tried to claim any faulty items from DE? Cause I think they're not going to pay me for my damaged iphone if I'm not solving this problem by law -suit (the damage is about 500 USD)...

Any advice how to solve this problem?

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

deal extreme sells other companies items if i am not mistaken so they cant be held accountable for your iphone damage, you are going to have to go into the apple store and act like you had your phone plugged into the wall and when you took it off it was burnt and act like you have no clue. say you only use apple cord to charge it and hope you get a nice sales person. dx really has nothing to do with your phones damage, next time buy a real charger from a reliable company.

3. obyte macrumors regular

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I cant believe you got them to answer you :confused: I had to contact them about something a while ago and it took them weeks to answer...I stay away from them after having to wait a month for an item. I just cant believe China shuts down during the Chinese New Year.

5. wildrage macrumors member

No prayer on having them replace your iphone. You MIGHT get your money back for the external battery, but that is even doubtful.

Even if you were dealing with a legitimate company here in the US, they will NEVER replace equiptment that their product damages - only the product itself. It's usually made very clear in their warranty; their liability is limited to the purchase price of their product.

Unfortunately, you get what you pay for - and my experience has been that all of these electronics shipped straight from Hong Kong are Grade A crap and basically disposable. Just my experience.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't think you're going to get reimbursed for your phone. That's like installing an aftermarket part to your car and going back to the original dealer to make a claim when it blows out your engine.

7. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you are screwed all around cause you have to pay return shipping which will cost you close to what you payed for the damn thing and then for what to get a new one in the mail that will blow your phone up haha just suck it up and learn from this mistake, i have gone through the same thing with a white glass back from sw-box not even worth sending back.

8. obyte macrumors regular

what was wrong with the white back?

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

the posts for the screws where to small i think, my screws would not go into them, so i have it just can't use it.

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

OP, sorry you got burned ... DX is probably not caring at all, they chaulk this up as oh well ... we ruined another phone.

11. tillit thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not gonna give up. So I contacted HONG KONG Consumer Council and gave them service report and our case documentation. let's see what will happen...

12. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

taking it up a notch!