Deals: 16-Inch MacBook Pro Sales Continue With Lowest-Ever Prices on 512GB and 1TB Models (Up to $211 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon continues to discount the new 16-inch MacBook Pro this week, providing best-ever deals on both entry-level models of the notebook. You can get the Silver 512GB model for $2,187.92, down from an original price of $2,399.00 ($211 off). This is Amazon's lowest price ever for the 16-inch MacBook Pro, and the lowest we've tracked among the major Apple resellers.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the Space Gray 512GB model for slightly more at $2,189.50 ($209 off). Both of these models are currently in stock and if ordered soon, will arrive as soon as next week. The 512GB 16-inch MacBook Pro also features a 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor and 16GB RAM.

If you're looking for a bigger SSD, the Space Gray 1TB model is on sale for $2,549.00, down from $2,799.00 ($250 off), but stock is lower for this model. Amazon says that it will be available to ship on January 25, but you can still place your order today to ensure your discounted price before that date.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Article Link: Deals: 16-Inch MacBook Pro Sales Continue With Lowest-Ever Prices on 512GB and 1TB Models (Up to $211 Off)

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Tennessee
I get what Apple's all about, and I drink the kool-aid.....but good grief they're so far behind PC Brands in innovation. Even with a few hundred $ off these compete nowhere with the latest of the PCs in sleekness and features. CES proved that.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: CE3 and ThaRuler

decisions

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
I get what Apple's all about, and I drink the kool-aid.....but good grief they're so far behind PC Brands in innovation. Even with a few hundred $ off these compete nowhere with the latest of the PCs in sleekness and features. CES proved that.
Not really. Didn’t see anything at CES that was more “sleek” than the 16” MBP. I liked the customizable dot image that ASUS is offering though. But things like that are just minor things that are never gonna make me consider switching from a MBP, now that it has an excellent trackpad, display, and keyboard.

Also of course, there’s the beauty of macOS.

b001ean

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I could agree with you until you said “in sleekness”.

SeenJeen

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2009
CES proved that there's a lot of laptops out there with half-baked features.

Reactions: CE3

markaceto

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
Not really. Didn’t see anything at CES that was more “sleek” than the 16” MBP. I liked the customizable dot image that ASUS is offering though. But things like that are just minor things that are never gonna make me consider switching from a MBP, now that it has an excellent trackpad, display, and keyboard.

More importantly, those ASUS laptops have AMD CPU's and NVIDIA GPU's which is all we really want.

Reactions: kazmac

SR 7

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
does anyone buy a Mac anymore? Avg computer going for $2k. What is this? 1995?

my friend needs a laptop but refuses to overpay for a Mac so went with windows. Apple is out of touch with reality and in touch with emoji.

Reactions: ThaRuler

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
does anyone buy a Mac anymore? Avg computer going for $2k. What is this? 1995?

my friend needs a laptop but refuses to overpay for a Mac so went with windows. Apple is out of touch with reality and in touch with emoji.
When has Apple ever gone with bargin pricing rather than high end products?

The 16” is for power users, not your average web surfing and word processing types. There are cheaper Apple laptop options.

ddsdude

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2009

I’ll give you trackpad and keyboard but display? Not offering a 4K OLED display on a “pro” machine in 2020 is a bit of a joke. Samsung will be including a 13” 4K OLED in its Chromebook for heavens sake and it is FAR from a “pro” level machine.

I really wanted an upgrade from my 2013 MBP but no way am I dropping 3-4K for a machine without wifi 6 and a 4K screen in 2020. Since the launch of the Retina display in the MBP in 2012, I’ve been waiting for Apple to dazzle me with something upgrade worthy and so far they’ve failed. With every refresh, I’m constantly disappointed with how little innovation a $1.3 trillion company is capable of. I’m holding onto my 2013 machine for dear life and keep hoping that Apple comes to its senses.

SR 7

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
When has Apple ever gone with bargin pricing rather than high end products?

The 16” is for power users, not your average web surfing and word processing types. There are cheaper Apple laptop options.
did I ever say it was for your web browser? My friend needs a high powered one. He found a windows that ***** on the Apple one and costs $1,000 less.
- - Post merged: - -

And On top of that, no ones paying “the cheaper lower option” price for a fkn 128gb HD. It’s TWO THOUSAND FKN TWENTY BRUH.

My damn PlayStation comes with 500gb and the damn console came out over 10 years ago.

Reactions: redneckitengineer

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
did I ever say it was for your web browser? My friend needs a high powered one. He found a windows that ***** on the Apple one and costs $1,000 less.

And On top of that, no ones paying “the cheaper lower option” price for a fkn 128gb HD. It’s TWO THOUSAND FKN TWENTY BRUH.

My damn PlayStation comes with 500gb and the damn console came out over 10 years ago.
It’s like comparing a switch to an iPad. Lmao.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
M.2 . 2.5" . RAM slots. No glue. DP 1.4 . Accessible data. Sideloading freedom.

Last edited:

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Tennessee
I could agree with you until you said “in sleekness”.
Your telling me that an aluminum brick is sleeker than the Carbon fiber XPS with touchscreen or the HP Spectre X360 that folds back on itself? Or the folding screen laptops from Lenovo, Intel, or upcoming Surface line.. Your drinking one too many of the kool-aid shots. Just look at the upcoming Moto Razr...in what reality is that not the sleekest smartphone to come to market?

CES proved that there's a lot of laptops out there with half-baked features.
Half baked features that are at least moving technology forward instead of holding on to dear hope the past doesn't need to be upgraded. Apples laptops are the same thing as 10yrs ago just faster internals. No NEW ideas or features besides a useless touchbar.

See above response.. Your foolish to think the same aluminum brick for the last 10 yrs is better than what's coming. Do you drive a Volvo V70 box too??

Semp1

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
NYC
I bought the 16in off Amazon a few days ago for $2199. Haven’t regretted the purchase at all. I’m upgrading from a 15in retina pro. The size is the exact same as that but the laptop is so much nicer. The 15in 2016-2019 pro Apple dropped the ball on with the heat issues and keyboard problems but this computer is a whole new ballgame. It’s amazing and it’s great in every way. And if you have an apple ecosystem in full effect like I do there really is no other option until the other computers get the improved keyboard. At least not from Apple. When it comes to a windows type laptop, I really have no interest in it at all. I’ve been with Apple since high school when the laptops used to be $4k for the G3’s and I don’t plan on switching to another brand. Sorry the premium price for the constant support and consistency especially with the OS is worth it. I mean my 2013 MacBook ran fine on Catalina what more is there to say. It didn’t feel outdated and the laptop is 6 years old. You won’t get that same quality from a windows computer. Within 3 years it will start t9 feel sluggish and you will have to upgrade again. For every 2 windows computers you buy, you only need1 MAC in the same time frame On average. It’s almost a joke to not agree with that.

b001ean

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Your telling me that an aluminum brick is sleeker than the Carbon fiber XPS with touchscreen or the HP Spectre X360 that folds back on itself? Or the folding screen laptops from Lenovo, Intel, or upcoming Surface line.. Your drinking one too many of the kool-aid shots. Just look at the upcoming Moto Razr...in what reality is that not the sleekest smartphone to come to market?
Dell XPS: Observe my attachment. Is that truly it? Why does it have a grill? And miniature kickstands? Apple makes an effort to make even the affordances necessary for cooling the innards look attractive. Dell does not.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 11.09.51 AM.png

HP Spectre X360: Rough, angled edges. Not the shining example of sleek.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 11.09.59 AM.png

I don't need to drink Apple punch to decide what looks better than these. 😂

Moto razr: It definitely comes close to the sleekness of Apple products, sure--especially when it's opened. The front and the back When it's closed, however (which is what it will be like majority of the time), something about the front of it just doesn't exude smooth and sleek. Maybe it's that bottom portion--it forms too much of a point in the corners.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 11.19.13 AM.png

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Tennessee
Dell XPS: Observe my attachment. Is that truly it? Why does it have a grill? And miniature kickstands? Apple makes an effort to make even the affordances necessary for cooling the innards look attractive. Dell does not.

View attachment 888554

HP Spectre X360: Rough, angled edges. Not the shining example of sleek.

View attachment 888555

I don't need to drink Apple punch to decide what looks better than these. 😂

Moto razr: It definitely comes close to the sleekness of Apple products, sure--especially when it's opened. The front and the back When it's closed, however (which is what it will be like majority of the time), something about the front of it just doesn't exude smooth and sleek. Maybe it's that bottom portion--it forms too much of a point in the corners.

View attachment 888556
Your two example pictures are funny..

The Dell shows a normal USB port, a foreign object on an Apple. Whatever about moving forward, keep using your dongles. O look, a cooling port because they don't underclock your CPU to prevent overheating like some other brand does.....

The HP, there's a touch pen in there, another foreign object on an Apple. Keep telling yourself you don't need a touch screen to do anything...

Your hatred of the corners on the Razr and HP makes me think you like round things. I guess square just isn't you, it's OK. Hold on to your Mac while the rest of the PC world dances circle around "Apple Innovation."

Those HP Spectre gem cut edges are smooth and practical, not rough. Some models use at least one of those edges for a port too. Very nice lines.
Also the power button so it's accessible in tablet or laptop mode :)

Last edited: