Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has introduced a new deal on the 40mm GPS Apple Watch Series 6, pricing the Product(RED) model at just $249.00, down from $399.00. This is the lowest price that we've ever seen for this model, and in general is now the lowest price to date on a new model of the Apple Watch Series 6.

apple-watch-series-6-red-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Only the (Product)RED model is being discounted to this price, with Blue Aluminum and Silver Aluminum Series 6 devices reaching up to around $370. Likewise for 44mm models, we aren't tracking many discounts at this time. The best is a $20 markdown on the Silver Aluminum model, but we've seen these get marked down by as much as $70 in recent sales.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week. If you're gearing up for summer workouts, you can pair AirPods with your new Apple Watch, and we track the best sale for every model of AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide.

Update: This sale originally had the Apple Watch priced at $299, and Amazon has now made it even better at a price of $249.

Article Link: Deals: 40mm GPS Apple Watch Series 6 Marked Down to Lowest Price Yet at $249 ($150 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: qoop

Beegle

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
Why is there no price chart or a category for Apple Watch under the ‘Contents’ heading on the deals roundup page?

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
This is for all those who were disappointed that mask unlocking didn’t work with their older Apple Watch. o_O

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I put it in my cart and debated pulling the trigger. Pulled the trigger and no longer in stock. Lol. Only used options.

Best Buy has them and is price matching on their web site. Amazon and Best Buy often compete.

jecowa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Why's it called the GPS watch? From some Internet searching, it seems "GPS" model is code for "non-cellular" model? It looks like all Apple Watches have had GPS since series 2.

The Incendiary

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Why's it called the GPS watch? From some Internet searching, it seems "GPS" model is code for "non-cellular" model? It looks like all Apple Watches have had GPS since series 2.
Yes, the “GPS” (only) designation is to distinguish it from the cellular model (which is called “GPS + Cellular”), but I can see how calling out “GPS” makes it seem like it’s a stand-out or unique feature. It’s probably one of those cases where since Series 2 introduced GPS, the name stuck and was never changed.

Reactions: jecowa

The Incendiary

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Classic amazon bait and switch. Item is naw $249 and they can't cancel my $299 order. Credit card chargeback it is.
You can’t cancel, even if it’s in fulfillment? Has it been shipped yet? Are they claiming you’d need to wait until it gets received, then ask for a refund and return it? I can’t see why they wouldn’t let you cancel same- or next-day (if it didn’t ship yet).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.