Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max pre-orders went live on Apple.com earlier today, and now you can also pre-order the newest Apple smartphones across many carriers and retailers in the United States. Carriers typically offer numerous deals and bonuses to ordering through them instead of Apple, and that's no different for the iPhone 13 launch.

iPhone-13-and-13-Pro-Carrier-Pre-Order-Feature-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

AT&T

At AT&T, you can get up to $1,000 off a new iPhone 13 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro Max, if you purchase the new device on an eligible installment agreement, pay a $30 activation/upgrade fee, and trade in an eligible smartphone.

To get the maximum $1,000 off the new iPhone, you'll need to trade in an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, or XS Max. A few Android devices are also eligible, and all must be in good working condition.

If you trade in an iPhone X, XR, or XS you'll get $700 credit to put towards the iPhone 13 Pro, and an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, SE, 8, or 8 Plus will get you $350 credit. Credits start within three billing cycles after trade in is completed.

Shoppers should note that this offer is not an early upgrade program, and the trade in device can not be on an existing installment plan on AT&T. For existing customers looking to upgrade their iPhone, you can get up to $500 off the iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro.

T-Mobile/Sprint

T-Mobile has introduced a new "Forever Upgrade" offer this year, allowing users to get ongoing discounts on new iPhones every two years. Specifically, if you trade in an eligible smartphone you'll get up to $1,000 off iPhone 13 or 13 Pro on the Magenta MAX or Sprint MAX plans.

Then, in two years you can get up to $800 off the newest iPhone and every two years after that. T-Mobile says that customers will be able to access this $800 credit every two years "forever."

Additionally, if you're on another T-Mobile plan, you can get up to half off the iPhone 13 Pro via 30 monthly bill credits, or up to $500 off the iPhone 13. Both of these deals require an eligible trade in.

You can also buy one iPhone 13 or iPhone 12 and get a second one free (up to $800 credit) with 30 monthly bill credits. This requires you to add a qualifying line on any T-Mobile plan.

Verizon

At Verizon, current and new customers can get up to $800 off the iPhone 13 lineup with select trade in offers and on select unlimited plans. If you're switching to Verizon, you can get up to $500 to help cover the cost of switching, for a total of up to $1,300 off new models.

If you purchase an iPhone 13 on a Verizon device payment plan, you can get up to $250 off select iPads or $150 off select Apple Watches. Apple Music is also included in the Get More Unlimited Plan, while all other plans have six months of Apple Music at no cost.

Visible

Visible won't have the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro available to order until launch day on September 24. But once they do, if you port in your number to Visible and buy an iPhone 13, you'll get a $200 digital gift card and a free HomePod mini.

Best Buy

In addition to carriers, a few retailers have also opened up pre-orders on the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro. Starting with Best Buy, you can save up to $720 on iPhone 13 and up to $1,000 on iPhone 13 Pro.

The iPhone 13 deal requires qualified activation and trade in of an iPhone 8 or newer, while the iPhone 13 Pro deal requires qualified activation and trade in of an iPhone 11 or newer. These deals will run through September 23 and you'll have to trade in your old iPhone in a Best Buy store to see the offer.

Walmart

At Walmart, you can get $100 off the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro. This offer is valid only on purchases made with valid installment plans. The retailer also has up to $1,000 off the new iPhones with eligible trade ins on participating carriers. Check here for more details about Walmart's offers.

Article Link: Deals: A Look at the iPhone 13 Sales Offered by AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Best Buy, and More

grennis

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2016
Why doesn't Apple list the Galaxy S21 family as a trade-in option? These phones have been out for 8 months. You would think Apple would want to help me switch?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Why doesn't Apple list the Galaxy S21 family as a trade-in option? These phones have been out for 8 months. You would think Apple would want to help me switch?
They probably perceive it as a lesser quality phone or something, especially with android phones not having a high resale value to begin with. You know Apple…

grennis

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2016
They probably perceive it as a lesser quality phone or something, especially with android phones not having a high resale value to begin with. You know Apple…

Yes true, but you would think they would be happy to list the S21 with some insulting low resale value, like they are do with the S20 family..

dmylrea

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2005
I usually go through BB but the last couple of upgrades, they're late on shipping their devices (by weeks) and it just isn't worth the hassle with them when I can get the same deal directly through AT&T and get the phone on-time.

Getting my iPhone 13 PRO MAX 512GB Graphite on 9/24 thru AT&T for $11.11/mo after trade in. Good deal for me!

fear025

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
XFinity Mobile's preorders are also going on. You can get $300 off per phone if you transfer or upgrade, as long as you sign up for a 24 month payment plan.

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Note on AT&T deal. The bill credits are extended to 36 months. No upgrade later for you until 3 years have passed.
This is actually making me hesitate on buying. Trading in my 11 Pro this deal basically gives me a free 13 Pro. Not sure if I want to be locked into it for 3 years though. Never did it this way, usually trade and pay in full. Anyone know if you DO want out early can you just pay the balance of the phone?

spyderx

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
I hate these installment “rebates” Lets see
Give them a good phone
get a credit $30 or so a month, for THREE years!
I just buy them outright and hand them around to the family and get many years of use.
Ordered a blue max 512… early oct delivery

jehrler

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
This is actually making me hesitate on buying. Trading in my 11 Pro this deal basically gives me a free 13 Pro. Not sure if I want to be locked into it for 3 years though. Never did it this way, usually trade and pay in full. Anyone know if you DO want out early can you just pay the balance of the phone?
The description does say you can pay the balance and end the plan.

With my XS ordering directly from att (Apple was showing not on eligible plan even though on unlimited elite so chatted with them and they thought my fan discount screwed it up so recommended ordering directly with att. Glad I did as att gives I $800 rather than the 700 Apple was listing for the att deal. So about a $20 credit a month. Over 2 years that’s around $500 whereas Apple trade in value for it was $240. So come out ahead even if don’t do full 36 months.

Reactions: zipster and rotlex

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
I will never ever get the carrier trade-in deals if you have only one or two lines. (1) you have to use unlimited plan which is minimum $60~$65/line. (2) 36 month contract or 30 month? No thanks.

Only t-mobile have $45/line for two lines but their signal reception was the worst. I won’t ever use them again.

Last edited:

jehrler

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Btw, macrumors you should note that if buy directly from att their trade in values are $100 higher (800 not 700), at least for phones that are worth more than $95. Xs, xr etc.

Attachments

• AT&T My Orders.png
    AT&T My Orders.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: tk421 and zapmymac

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I can’t believe ATT wants to give me $1,000 for a phone I paid 649 or 749 for (can’t remember the cost for sure). Almost makes me want to deal with upgrading, although I don’t have an unlimited plan so that would probably eat the $1,000 credit over 3 years.

AppleFan1179

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
For anyone ordering an iPhone, Verizon gives you $1000 credit from iPhone 12 Pro Max to IPhone 13 Pro Max
Same, 1000 for my Pro Max, and 800 for my family members broken (BROKEN!) 11. They must really want to keep subscribers and get them on the slightly more expensive 5G plans to offer trade in deals this good.

Reactions: Jovijoker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.