Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today introduced a deal on Apple's AirPods 2, available for $99.00, down from $129.00. Amazon is expecting a delivery estimate of early February for most locations in the United States as of writing.

AirPods-Discount-Feature-Duo.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is an overall second-best price on the AirPods 2, but we of course haven't tracked record low deals since the holidays. If you're shopping for a cheaper pair of AirPods in 2023, this will be your best bet, and only Amazon has the sale.

This model of the AirPods comes with the Lightning Charging Case. We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods 2 Drop to $99 on Amazon ($30 Off)

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
The AP1/2 shape remains my personal favorite for around the house podcast listening when multitasking, as it naturally allows in some ambient noise and avoids any “thump” issues when walking around (a problem for me with all in ear designs)

AP3 got slightly bigger and was less comfortable for my ear shape

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
The 1st Gen have been my favourite for wearing in bed, whereas both generations of Pro dig into my ears and cause residual pain for hours. Need to replace now but the 3rd Gen are larger so will likely go for the 2nd Gen.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I wish they'd find a way to do an updated AP1/2 design and make the stems into batteries that could be swapped.

I only stopped using my AP1's because the battery got so bad and would only last 30 mins

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

robsp2000

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
Best ones for running. Ability to to use tap controls is so much easier than having to grab and press when you are running.

PhantomStar

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
AP 1/2 are the only ones that fit for me as well, AP3 got larger and the Pros eventually fall off even with the different tips. I know everyone's fit will vary. I'm just hoping they are able to have at least one newer model with the same fit as AP 1/2.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
These are my favorite AirPods. I have the AirPods Pro 2, but I prefer these. It's a shame that they don't make them with the wireless charging case anymore. I think Apple should have upgraded them to a MagSafe case.

I haven't tried the AirPods 3 yet. I'm worried about spending the $$$ and not wearing them because of how they feel in my ears.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2010
I bought two sets during the holidays, I got them for $69 each lol. I don't like the 3's or the pros...they fall out of my ears and I only use pods for phone calls so the 2's are pretty solid. Not sure how long Apple will continue to sell them for so wasn't taking any chances.

RegretfulUsername

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2022
I bought two sets during the holidays, I got them for $69 each lol. I don't like the 3's or the pros...they fall out of my ears and I only use pods for phone calls so the 2's are pretty solid. Not sure how long Apple will continue to sell them for so wasn't taking any chances.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you manage to find such a good price?

I have a pair of AirPods 2 I got from Amazon for $89. The microphones died on mine after roughly one year, so I decided to buy another pair and managed to find a pair on Amazon again for $79, but that pair arrived with the microphones pre-broken. After some research, I discovered that the dead microphones is a known issue/design defect, so I decided to return the second pair to Amazon and stick with my current pair since they still have a lot of battery life left.

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2010
If you don't mind me asking, where did you manage to find such a good price?

I have a pair of AirPods 2 I got from Amazon for $89. The microphones died on mine after roughly one year, so I decided to buy another pair and managed to find a pair on Amazon again for $79, but that pair arrived with the microphones pre-broken. After some research, I discovered that the dead microphones is a known issue/design defect, so I decided to return the second pair to Amazon and stick with my current pair since they still have a lot of battery life left.
Amazon (sold from & shipped from). I've never had any issues with the 2's. I bought my original ones back in late 2018 and they lasted for about 3 years until the batteries would not hold a charge anymore. Also, if anyone is interested, they are also selling the wireless charging case for 33% off, I picked one up last week because I couldn't pass that up either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.