Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's AirPods 3 have been knocked down to $149.99 on Amazon today, from an original price of $179.00. This model is shipped and sold directly by Amazon, and delivery is available for May 20 - 23 for most residences in the United States.

airpods-3-spring-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is about $10 off from the all-time low price that we tracked on this pair of AirPods over the 2021 holiday season, and it's one of the best deals that we've seen so far in 2022. Amazon's sale is also beating rival retailers' discounts by about $20, so this is the best deal you'll find online for the AirPods 3 this week.

The AirPods 3 were introduced in October 2021 and feature a more compact stem similar to the AirPods Pro, and a redesigned contoured fit. There's a force sensor built into the stem for physical control over media and Siri, and they come with a MagSafe Charging Case.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods 3 Available for $149.99 on Amazon ($29 Off)

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2021
My 1st gen AirPods died recently and I debated between the 3 or the Pro. Went with the Pros on sale and I’m so, so glad I did.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Problem is that a sale is always around the corner. When your current set dies you may have to wait a month or so to get a worthwhile deal.

Nope. I literally use em for hours a day. There's always a sale right around the corner, but I'd replace them that day. That's how valuable they are to me.

PhantomStar

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2016
I had the Gen 2 and was really looking forward to the Gen 3, however at least for my ear's it kept falling off as the base bulb was larger than the prior Gen so had to return it. Instead got the Pro's with the custom tips.

Kar98

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2007
AirPods are one product that will be an instant-buy whenever my current set dies / gets lost. They're that good.
When my $50 JBL 225TWS die, I’ll just get another set. And so far they have given me less trouble than the damn AirPods.

playtech1

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
Can anyone comment on how the original Airpods feel in ear compared to the Airpods 3?
I found the Airpods 3 to have an overly large bud - to the point where I returned them.

Clearly YMMV depending on your ear shape, but the fit is not the same as the original AirPod or the AirPod pro.

surfzen21

macrumors regular
May 31, 2019
New York
I found the Airpods 3 to have an overly large bud - to the point where I returned them.

Clearly YMMV depending on your ear shape, but the fit is not the same as the original AirPod or the AirPod pro.
Thanks. That was my worry too. I havent tried any of them but I did find the original wired ear buds that came with the earlier phones to be very uncomfortable.

PhantomStar

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2016

Same here, it was overly large compared to the Airpod 1/2 and had to return them. I was looking forward to the 3 they should have kept same bud size, I don't mind if the stem is shorter/longer more concern on fit and battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.