Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A collection of discounts have hit Apple's line of AirPods devices this week, starting with the return of Verizon's $30 savings on the AirPods Pro. You can get the noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones for $219.99, down from $249.99.

AirPods-Discount-Deals-Blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The discount on Verizon has been automatically applied, so all you have to do is add the AirPods Pro to your cart and check out to get the deal. This sale isn't quite the lowest we've tracked for the AirPods Pro, but it's just about $5 higher than the previous low price so it's still a solid offer.

On Amazon and B&H Photo, you can get the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case from 2019 for $164.95, down from $199.00. These prices are the lowest available online among the major Apple resellers.

Similarly, Amazon and B&H Photo have the AirPods with Charging Case for $134.95, down from $159.00. This is about $7 higher than the previous low price we tracked on this version of the AirPods, but it's still the best price available online this week.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods Sales Hit at Multiple Retailers, Including AirPods Pro for $219.99 at Verizon

Last edited:

Slippery Gimp

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Leeds, UK
Are these much better sound wise than regular AirPods? I’ve read reviews, but to the average person in the street, can you tell the difference? I’m interested in getting a pair if so.

Comment

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
Are these much better sound wise than regular AirPods? I’ve read reviews, but to the average person in the street, can you tell the difference? I’m interested in getting a pair if so.
I think a slippery gimp would notice the difference, and that's all that really matters. Honestly though, I LOVE the active noise cancellation on my Pros versus my previous Gen 1 AirPods. The Pros also fit me much better and securely, although I did have some super cheap silicone in-ear... clip... things that help both with fit and security. My only complaint right now is that apparently my right ear is less cooperative than my left, because my left will hold the Pro earbud with no issues, but the right will come out a little resulting in an air gap that I notice when mowing.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

It depends how you define ‘sound’. The AirPod Pros are considerably louder, but I don’t necessarily think they sound that much better in terms of treble/bass over the regular AirPods. But what you’re really buying the Pros for isn’t necessarily the sound, it’s the noise cancellation and more customizable fit.

Comment

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I bought the 2nd gen AirPods on Amazon (shipped and sold from) last week for $129.98 ...

For anyone who hasn’t owned a pair and hates wires, these things are amazing. I’ve had other Bluetooth earphones before but nothing like how well these work. Once opened near an iOS device they pair and then all of my other Apple devices (watch, AppleTV) see them so there is no pairing and Hey Siri works surprisingly well. Call quality is good and they switch really well from iPhone to Apple Watch and Apple TV. Totally worth the extra money to not deal with normal BT issues anymore.

Last edited:
Comment

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Wireless earphones are only fine if you’re ok with lower sound quality and their short lifespan of only 1-2 years depending on use because of battery. Until they invent batteries that will retain their charge capacity virtually forever I just don’t see them very viable for someone like me who’s used to own the same pairs of wired headphones for many years.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.