Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today you can get the AirPods with Charging Case (Wired) for $129.00, down from $159.00 on Amazon. This is about $1 shy of the lowest price that we've ever tracked for a new pair of Apple's regular AirPods, and it's currently the best price online.

AirPods-Discount-Deals.png
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

These AirPods include the Wired Charging Case, meaning they don't support Qi wireless charging and will need to be charged using a Lightning cable. However, the headphones do support other typical AirPods features, like "Hey Siri" and quick connection to Apple devices using the Apple H1 chip.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones. Other sales this week include deals on AirPods Pro at Amazon and B&H Photo, where the noise-cancelling headphones are available for $219.99.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods With Wired Charging Case Return to Low Price of $129.00 on Amazon ($30 Off)

GMacAppleUser

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2020
Is anyone still using the OG airpods? I have a pair or AirpodsPro that I love, but was still using my original pair for the gym because the Pro's tend to work their way out of my ear while running and the seal breaking and letting noise in every couple min is a little annoying...

Anyway my issue is that my OG airpods no longer hold a charge for even 45 minutes.... is there any fix to this or am I just SOL? got a good 2.5 years out of them I guess

Reactions: compwiz1202

timmywa

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2017
Utah, USA
I use the WikiBuy browser extension and they pointed me to eBay who has them for $85 + tax and free shipping using their coupon code.

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
Is anyone still using the OG airpods? I have a pair or AirpodsPro that I love, but was still using my original pair for the gym because the Pro's tend to work their way out of my ear while running and the seal breaking and letting noise in every couple min is a little annoying...

Anyway my issue is that my OG airpods no longer hold a charge for even 45 minutes.... is there any fix to this or am I just SOL? got a good 2.5 years out of them I guess

Just just got the airpod pros, and they are impressive in many ways, but I certainly would not run with them. Even working out in the yard they barely stay seated and have fallen out a couple times. The fit is a big failure IMO. Luckily I only paid $99 with my wife's educational laptop purchase (she wasn't interested) otherwise I'd be selling them.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011

Man I was in the same situation as you...my og AirPods would die half way into my runs. bought the 2ng gen regular AirPods on sale at amazon a couple of weeks ago and I’m more than happy with them. They connect faster and can last longer than my runs. Just bite the bullet and get a new set!

Reactions: QuarterSwede

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I use the WikiBuy browser extension and they pointed me to eBay who has them for $85 + tax and free shipping using their coupon code.
If they’re 1) new and 2) real that’s a great deal and a no brainer. The AirPods are just about the perfect BT audio device. Beware: there’s a LOT of counterfeits out there.

Reactions: timmywa

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010

Yea this is why I don't like those kind. I always fear I will lose them. Bought a nice pair with the ear hooks for around $60 that keep out the outside sound well. And they have the wired case, and even though they aren't Apple, it still shows the battery % on the widget when they are connected.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Should mention I sold my old AirPods on eBay for 60 bucks. I’ve seen them go for more as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.