MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's AirPods with Wireless Charging Case have reached a new low price of $149.98 today on Amazon, down from a regular price of $199.00. At $49 off, this is the lowest price we've ever seen for a new pair of AirPods with Wireless Charging Case on Amazon, and $20 below the typical sale price of $169.00.

airpodshandson.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

These AirPods are from 2019 and come with a case that supports wireless charging on Qi-compatible charging mats. So, if you have a modern iPhone that you wirelessly charge, you'll be able to set down the AirPods on the same mat to fuel up the Bluetooth earphones.

At this time, you can also save on AirPods Pro on Amazon, priced at $234.98, down from $249.00. While not quite as steep a discount, this continues to be the best price we've tracked on the AirPods Pro and the best price we've seen across numerous retailers for a new model of AirPods Pro.

We track the Best Deals on every model of the AirPods in our dedicated guide. Right now, that also includes the AirPods with Charging Case at $139.00, and the standalone Wireless Charging Case for AirPods at $69.00.

Article Link: Deals: AirPods With Wireless Charging Case Hit Lowest Price of $149.98 ($49 Off)

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Nice.

Agree that this is a sign that new ones are coming.

Still using my gen1 for now.

Really? My first Gen AirPods battery was starting to deplete rather quickly after the three year mark, [And yes before you ask, I maintained regularly charging without allowing them to fully deplete and I made sure they were stored in ‘room like’ temperatures.] My first GEN AirPods were purchased in December 2016, but retired them in December 2019.

Oh, I don’t necessarily believe this means ‘a sign’ that new AirPods are coming, at least not for 2020 I don’t foresee that happening.

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I know it is always debatable, but I seriously hope they make the new AirPods like the OG. I cannot do the tips on the Pro.

Comment

redfarsi

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Comment

blcamp

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
That's a great deal for wireless charging AirPods. I bought a first-gen set about 2 years ago, then handed them off to my wife when the AirPods Pro came out. I love the featureset of the Pro but the other ones fit my ears better. If they could make the lower-end model that had only about 1/2 as long "sticks" as they currently do, I would be tempted to get them, especially if they could pull off noise-canceling without the detachable tips.

Comment

deeddawg

macrumors G4
Jun 14, 2010
US
Really? My first Gen AirPods battery was starting to deplete rather quickly after the three year mark,

Mine are more like a couple years old. I don't remember just when I bought them, but it wasn't three years ago yet.
[automerge]1586889830[/automerge]
actually...not the lowest price.

Microcenter has had them for $119 with wired case and $129 with wireless case.

Nice, though that's an in-store only item and not available for mailorder for those not near a MicroCenter.

Comment

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
Really? My first Gen AirPods battery was starting to deplete rather quickly after the three year mark, [And yes before you ask, I maintained regularly charging without allowing them to fully deplete and I made sure they were stored in ‘room like’ temperatures.] My first GEN AirPods were purchased in December 2016, but retired them in December 2019.

Oh, I don’t necessarily believe this means ‘a sign’ that new AirPods are coming, at least not for 2020 I don’t foresee that happening.
I purchased my first gen in June 2017. They charge to the mid-90s%, and discharge faster now, but still usable. I’m more annoyed by how slow they are to connect to various devices, and sometimes require multiple attempts at connection. Just waiting for that point where I’m aggravated enough to upgrade them!

Comment

pdaholic

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2011
Or, you know, just pay $139 from Costco for the latest model with charging case.
Same price on Amazon for those of us who don’t have a Costco membership. Edit: just saw they mentioned this price at the bottom of the article. I think they were 10 bucks lower a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

fbr$

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2020
No thanks, just got my pair of Galaxy Buds+ a couple of weeks ago, its battery charge takes at least 1 hour to go down from 100% to 90%.

So as I will only use it on the 70%-100% battery charge range, I guess its battery will last for many years. Probably I could not say the same for the Apple AirPods battery had I bought it instead.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
No thanks, just got my pair of Galaxy Buds+ a couple of weeks ago, its battery charge takes at least 1 hour to go down from 100% to 90%.

So as I will only use it on the 70%-100% battery charge range, I guess its battery will last for many years. Probably I could not say the same for the Apple AirPods battery had I bought it instead.

Sure, the battery life on the Galaxy Buds+ is very good, as matter fact, one of the top rated wireless earbuds for the battery longevity they offer, (I purchased a pair myself, but ultimately returned due to comfort.)

But where the Buds + fall short, is they are not nearly loud enough (The AirPods have a distinct advantage here), which is a common complaint with these, and there’s multiple reports with issues with Bluetooth disconnection/one earbud will lose reception and then have to reconnect.

In terms of hardware quality, and overall some of the customizable features through the actual native ‘app’ itself, is easily worth the $150. Samsung Used a much improved version over the regular Galaxy Buds, These aren’t really comparable in terms of of how they stack up against each other, because they really are totally two different types of fitment, where the Buds + are more ‘in-ear’ and the AirPods generally are more of a ‘partial in-ear’, which are different categories.

Last edited:
Comment

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
actually...not the lowest price.

Microcenter has had them for $119 with wired case and $129 with wireless case.

Can you still get Apple care for the the ones with the wired case?

Comment

fbr$

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2020
Sure, the battery life on the Galaxy Buds+ is very good, as matter fact, one of the top rated wireless earbuds for the battery longevity they offer, (I purchased a pair myself, but ultimately returned due to comfort.)

But where the Buds + fall short, is they are not nearly loud enough (The AirPods have a distinct advantage here), which is a common complaint with these, and there’s multiple reports with issues with Bluetooth disconnection/one earbud will lose reception and then have to reconnect.

In terms of hardware quality, and overall some of the customizable features through the actual native ‘app’ itself, is easily worth the $150. Samsung Used a much improved version over the regular Galaxy Buds, These aren’t really comparable in terms of of how they stack up against each other, because they really are totally two different types of fitment, where the Buds + are more ‘in-ear’ and the AirPods generally are more of a ‘partial in-ear’, which are different categories.
I didn't experience yet any Bluetooth issue on my Galaxy Buds+ using it connected to my iPad.

Yeah, both are different categories of fitment as you said, IMO the regular AirPods are somewhat loose in the ears, hence more prone to accidentally fall on the floor, but this makes them more comfortable to use!

Comment

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
What's the cheapest airpod pros have gone with stacked coupons? I believe I saw some deals with Amex/other card offers + price matches, but didn't get those offers.

Comment

Intensivist

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
This popped up on my Facebook is this a scam? Confession I ordered one but through my PayPal so I guess I do have a recourse if this is a fraud. Any comments will be welcome.
PS my first post so go easy on me :)

Comment

peugi

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2019
This popped up on my Facebook is this a scam? Confession I ordered one but through my PayPal so I guess I do have a recourse if this is a fraud. Any comments will be welcome.
PS my first post so go easy on me :)
I believe that this is what you bought:
I see these offers on Facebook every day. People order fake products from Aliexpress and sell them using e-shop such as the one you linked here. This will most definitely be the case here, if a price is too good to be true, then it probably is...

Last edited:
Comment

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
What's the cheapest airpod pros have gone with stacked coupons? I believe I saw some deals with Amex/other card offers + price matches, but didn't get those offers.

I'd be curious to know this as well. I like my original AirPods for work calls, but battery life is garbage after 3 years. Can barely get an hour out of them. Might be time to get the AirPods pros and see how they compare to my Sony wf-1000xm3

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.