Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are a few accessory sales that remain ongoing this week, including discounts on Apple's official iPhone cases, iPad keyboard accessories, and all models of the AirPods. Every discount today can be found on Amazon, and no discount codes are required to access the sales.

iphone-cases-lowest-ever.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

iPhone Cases

Amazon is still offering solid discounts on Apple's official line of iPhone cases. With these discounts, you can get Silicone Cases, Clear Cases, Leather Cases, and Smart Battery Cases for the newest iPhones for as low as $11.97.

iPhone 11 Cases

iPhone 11 Pro Cases

iPhone 11 Pro Max Cases

AirPods

AirPods sales this week extend across all models, including the AirPods with Wired Charging Case, AirPods with Wireless Charging Case, and AirPods Pro.
iPad Accessories

There are also a few iPad Pro accessories on sale this week on Amazon, starting with the 2018 model of the Smart Keyboard Folio for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro priced at $149.99, down from $199.00. The new 2020 Magic Keyboard for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro is at $329.98, down from $349.00, and both sales represent Amazon low prices for each accessory.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: All-Time-Low Prices Available on Apple's Official iPhone Cases, Starting at $11.97 for Clear Case

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I have had the most horrible experiences with Apple cases and cables. I do not recommend them, they are overpriced and of poor quality, especially the leather cases, they peel off and loose color easily. Cables die within the year or a little over a year while my third-party cables are older than 3 years and still look pristine.

Reactions: Ramchi and Aston441

AvisDeene

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Considering how long Apple devices last it would be nice if they continued to sell accessories for older models. Our house still has an iPhone 6 and an X still being used.
I’m still rocking an iPhone 6s+. I’m ready to upgrade since it’s finally starting to show its age- apps that I use for work start to freeze or lose information if I have more than 2 running along with safari.
I really want the Razer cooling case, I just hope they release one for the upcoming model soon.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
I have had the most horrible experiences with Apple cases and cables. I do not recommend them, they are overpriced and of poor quality, especially the leather cases, they peel off and loose color easily. Cables die within the year or a little over a year while my third-party cables are older than 3 years and still look pristine.

Never tried Apple cases because I know I am far too clumsy for anything but an otterbox defender. On the cables... I seem to have better luck than most with Apple cables but when I do need a replacement I never buy anything but Anker powerline II+.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoStructural

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
FYI, most of these prices have been at this level for a while, its not a huge price decrease.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014

My colleague once had a leather case and it peeled off so badly some debris managed to enter the Lighting port to the point he wasn't able to charge the phone anymore and had to clean it.
I tried a leather case myself once I got a really nice deal on it, and it lasted a few months.
I eventually became a fan of bumpers, they do their job protecting the phone and still you can see the back and they're lighter. I don't think I'll ever buy an official case in the future, especially at full price. Same for the Watch bands, I found some good knockoffs for a few $ and they feel great.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I’m still rocking an iPhone 6s+. I’m ready to upgrade since it’s finally starting to show its age- apps that I use for work start to freeze or lose information if I have more than 2 running along with safari.
I really want the Razer cooling case, I just hope they release one for the upcoming model soon.

HMMMMMMM... They have an X model. Are these grippy or smooth? I've been using an Anker case because it's the only one I found that has a slides into my pocket and still has corner shock absorption. All the others I tried tack to my jeans as I drop it into my pocket.

Edit: Mickey's Mousecapades! It's out of stock!

Last edited:

ripsaw650

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2015
Utah
Only the white silicone for the iPhone 11 (black is also slightly less money) is on sale! Wish the other colors were on sale too... I bought the white one recently and I like it a lot more than I thought I would!

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I have had the most horrible experiences with Apple cases and cables. I do not recommend them, they are overpriced and of poor quality, especially the leather cases, they peel off and loose color easily.
Weird. I have used exclusively Apple cases (mostly silicone) since the iPhone 4, and I’ve been extremely pleased with them. I’ve dropped the phones a bunch and the cases have always protected them completely (never had a broken or scratched screen or phone). The cases have been grippy and protective while adding minimal bulk. And I’ve had such a good experience with them that I won’t use anything else.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I eventually became a fan of bumpers, they do their job protecting the phone and still you can see the back and they're lighter.
If the rumors are true and the iPhone 12 goes back to a iPhone 4 style flat metal rim with glass front and back, I really hope that Apple offers an iPhone 4 style bumper as an option (in addition to the line of cases). I really liked the 4 the the bumper. Absolutely minimal bulk, with sufficient protection.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
I've had 8 iPhones over the years and have never bought an Apple case as they are ridiculously overpriced. I can appreciate why the device commands a premium price but a case ?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've had 8 iPhones over the years and have never bought an Apple case as they are ridiculously overpriced. I can appreciate why the device commands a premium price but a case ?

I suspect that the cases have a high profit margin for both Apple AND resellers. It's basically Apple throwing a bone to retailers; "Here, you can carry these Apple-branded cases and make a nice profit."

Remember, the phones themselves are very low-margin; retailers make very little selling them. Accessories is where it's at.

In this particular case, Amazon probably wants to move these because they're not selling, and priced them at a loss to be rid of them. I'm happy to grab one. Frankly it's nice to see that this is real, unlike what AT&T did a while back where they supposedly sold Apple-branded cases for really cheap, then cancelled the orders.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Never tried Apple cases because I know I am far too clumsy for anything but an otterbox defender. On the cables... I seem to have better luck than most with Apple cables but when I do need a replacement I never buy anything but Anker powerline II+.

The ‘Defender’ cases are great (I have one equipped on my work iPhone 8 Plus.) The drawback, they are very difficult to remove, especially when you need to clean them. I have alternative silicone cases for around the house, but the ‘defender case‘ has literally saved my iPhone from on multiple occasions.

Reactions: icanhazmac

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014

not to mention their leather cases don't cover the bottom edge of the screen, which is just plain stupid

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I just got the clear case from this sale for my 11 Pro. I usually use Caudabe Lucid Clear but at this price was inclined to satisfy my curiosity about the Apple Clear Case.

I’m not sure this is a real Apple made case. The container was flimsy and halfway almost off. Maybe it was a return. But it was in perfect shape. The buttons covers are extremely stiff and make the buttons hard to press.

The bottom of the phone is exposed. That’s okay in some situations like certain docks. I’ll keep it on and see if it does better at keeping dust out of the rim part. But so far I prefer the Lucid Clear.

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
But do they turn yellow After usage?
Most of the clear cases turn yellow after few months for sure. I got a $2 case for iPhone 11 it turned yellow after 5 months by which time I replaced the mobile with 11 Pro Max (can’t stand its poorer lcd low res screen). I have stopped buying Apple accessories after 2010 since they are almost very fragile in nature. Third party far cheaper options are far better IMO
Most importantly these Apple cases leave the bottom wide open susceptible for scratches and possible damages.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I got the clear case for my 11 Pro Max at launch. It hasn't yellowed one bit, however I would never get another Apple Clear Case. It is wayyyyyy too slippery, even months later. It also looks bad scuffed up. Back to the leather cases next time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.