Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon's discount on the Apple Watch Series 3 (38mm, GPS) remains ongoing this week, with the smartwatch available for $169.00, down from $199.00. This version of the Apple Watch typically sees discounts to around $179, so Amazon's sale is about $10 below the previous sale price and among the best online right now.

watch-series-3-amazon.png
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is focused on the 38mm GPS version of the Apple Watch Series 3, available in space gray aluminum with a black sport band. Although this is a previous-generation model, the Series 3 model has many useful features like an optical heart sensor, activity tracking, swimproof design, and more.

You can also purchase the 42mm GPS model for $199.00, down from $229.00, another $30 sale that's only available in the space gray aluminum colorway. When these devices launched in 2017, prices for GPS models started at $329.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup. If you're looking for AirPods to pair with a new Apple Watch while working out, we track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounting Apple Watch Series 3 by $30, Starting at $169 for 38mm GPS Models

hamstation

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Target will meet Amazon price and if you have a target card get 5 percent more off.I just did.
Well I paid 189 at Target for 42mm.I am happy some will be.

Last edited:

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I don’t think this is a good purchase in 2020. Series 6 is around the corner, Series 4 will reach this price soon and it is packed with more features and better hardware.

Last edited:

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
With how substantial of a difference the Series 4 and 5 are, and are usually on sale for 299/329, I highly recommend getting one of those. Much better performance, screen, Taptic feedback, watch faces, speaker/mic quality.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Whilst I agree with the, perhaps not great idea of such an old model.
Given that it's been in production for so many years.
Would it be safe to presume that buying one now, would mean, it would be very well made?
All the problems and issues with the earlier ones they made will have been totally ironed out, and ones being made now, should be the very best put together?

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
It's pretty obvious they have tons of inventory they need to clear out because sales have slowed due to Covid-19.

And not just them, many businesses are in the same situation based on all the offers I keep getting. My car dealer is offering me a SUV for 0% interest rate, 0 down payment and lots of accessories I didn't ask for... a car I checked out last December and ended up not buying because of pricing.

i486dx2-66

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2013
With how substantial of a difference the Series 4 and 5 are, and are usually on sale for 299/329, I highly recommend getting one of those.

That's nearly double the price.
I'm not saying the Series 4 or 5 aren't worth it.
But it's nearly double the price.

The Series 3 is in a great position right now. It has a ton of features, works smoothly on watchOS 6, and will be supported by watchOS 7. It does everything that is needed for a huge portion of the smartwatch market, for a very good price.

If anything happened to my Series 3, I would have no hesitation replacing it with another Series 3, rather than "upgrading".

Reactions: Regbial

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
That's nearly double the price.
I'm not saying the Series 4 or 5 aren't worth it.
But it's nearly double the price.

The Series 3 is in a great position right now. It has a ton of features, works smoothly on watchOS 6, and will be supported by watchOS 7. It does everything that is needed for a huge portion of the smartwatch market, for a very good price.

If anything happened to my Series 3, I would have no hesitation replacing it with another Series 3, rather than "upgrading".

Eh the way I see it is if I'm already spending nearly $200 on an item, and a much better version of it is only ~$100 more, it would be worth it.

Reactions: Regbial

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
This is my one complaint with Apple is that they sell really old tech and new tech at the same time.

thePhil907

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2018
The iPad 2 of Apple watches. I got one for $125 during Black Friday, it shows my notifications and tracks my runs. What else do I need? I’ll upgrade when it breaks.

Reactions: i486dx2-66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.