Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has Apple's 256GB M1 13-inch MacBook Pro for $1,149.99, down from $1,299.00. This price will be reflected at the checkout screen on Amazon after an automatic coupon worth $50 is applied.

discount-m1-macbook-pro-bue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This discount is a new lowest-ever price on this version of the M1 MacBook Pro, and it's available to ship in Silver. In recent weeks, the best price for this model sat at around $1,199.00.

Additionally, you can get the 512GB model for $1,349.99 on Amazon, down from $1,499.00. This is another all-time low price, and you'll need to wait to see the sale price reflected at the checkout screen again.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounting Apple's 256GB M1 MacBook Pro to New Low Price of $1,149.99 ($149 Off)

Last edited:

CreepyAF

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
Must. Hold. Out.

waiting for the next MBP or MBA this September with the 14” redesign and MagSafe port. My 2013 MBP still chugging along but starting to show its age. Hope Amazon discounts that model and offers 1 TB of SSD storage. Amazon credit card makes deal even sweeter with 5% off.

enc0re

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Can't wait until we see laptops designed around the new chip. I'm hoping they bring back something small, like 11" or even smaller. Ideally with a 360 hinge and touchscreen.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilEvil

Bug-Creator

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2011
Germany
like 11" or even smaller. Ideally with a 360 hinge and touchscreen.

Combine an 11" screen with a sensible non crammed keyboard and you end up with big bezels.

The 12" rMB was as small as it got, and even that would be at 12.5" with 2021 bezels.

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
Is it still wearing out the SSD super fast? No thanks. I’ll pass.
Seems to have been fixed in the current updated. Didn’t happen on all systems anyway and it’s not like it was truly wearing out the SSDs — more of an overblown concern because of how much extra paging or continuous writing was happening on some systems.

That said, the initial offering of the M1 Air and MBP13 are just to get these chips out in the wild. Next revision of these systems will be worth waiting for, IMO. I would definitely wait if I didn’t need it now.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G4
Mar 19, 2008
This initial M1 MBP looks to have been a mistake by Apple.

It’s incredible to see how many times it has been on sale

Spec’d too similarly to the M1 MBA

crevalic

Suspended
May 17, 2011
Guys, there's a reason only specific configurations of MBA and MBP are being discounted an extra $50 every week, look for the pattern.

Hint, hint: 8GB RAM.

Do what you want with this information.

Reactions: mi7chy

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking about transitioning from a Windows to a Mac, so I have been looking at the Pros a lot lately. I'm a little surprised how small the 13 in really is, as I went to Costco today and saw one up close. I will connect it to a monitor so maybe Size isn't an issue. I'm not really sure on the whole 8 Ram vs. 16 Ram though. This is a very tempting deal, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.