Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon continues to offer record low discounts on Apple's iPad mini 6 lineup, and today these markdowns have reached every Wi-Fi model of the 2021 tablet. Sales start with the entry-level 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini at $459.00, down from $499.00. This sale can be found at Amazon in every color, and B&H Photo is matching in Purple.

ipad-mini-design.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

We started tracking this all-time low price on the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini a few weeks ago, but this is one of the first times we've seen every color on sale. The iPad mini 6 launched last September with a larger 8.3-inch display, the A15 Bionic chip, support for the Apple Pencil 2, and a USB-C port.

You can also get an all-time low price on the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6, priced at $599.00, down from $649.00. Amazon is again offering this iPad mini in all four colors: Starlight, Space Gray, Purple, and Pink. B&H Photo is matching the sale in Purple and Starlight.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounting Every Wi-Fi Model of the iPad Mini 6 (Up to $50 Off)

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2021
Just sold mine. After 6+ months with no UI improvements I gladly took Apple’s hint that they don’t care. The only thing Apple did specifically for the Mini 6 was the first update after release that made Safari websites open in the mobile version instead of the desktop which was default on initial release. Not a lot of people caught that change it seems but it goes to show Apple knew it was bad.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane
Probably my FAVORITE Apple device (with AppleTV in a neck-and-neck race).

A15 roars. I use it every day: typically first bit of tech in the morn and last crack at a screen at night. In between, I may shift to Mac Studio, iMac or MBpro but this iPad is always at hand and any trek makes it THE Apple device on the move with me.

I don't even own an iPhone as this covers phone (with buds) needs too using any of many good VOIP apps... and 5G is much less expensive for iPads. All other phone uses/apps tend to be- IMO- improved on a bigger screen and I mostly use it as mobile computer and texting device.

Cue Tony the Tiger voice: It's Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!

Last edited:

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Yet again, you disregard Walmart.com which has every color in stock for the exact same prices and has pretty much since launch.

I've seen you post other Walmart deals (like AirPods), yet for some reason MacRumors completely overlooks their iPad deals.
All about the affiliated commissions ?

Reactions: thejoshuabradshaw

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Peanut butter jelly time!
Yep, one of those oddball bad moves by Apple. I really liked the mini 6 until I noticed it and was disappointed. Hopefully mini 7 resolves this issue plus Promotion as I have gotten used to my 11” iPP.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Even Jeff Bezos is realizing these things are over priced.
For what it is you are right, just curious what these will be listed for on the Apple Refurb store as I have not seen the Air 4 on there yet.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Probably my FAVORITE Apple device (with AppleTV in a neck-and-neck race).

A15 roars. I use it every day: typically first bit of tech in the morn and last crack at a screen at night. In between, I may shift to Mac Studio, iMac or MBpro but this iPad is always at hand and any trek makes it THE Apple device on the move with me.

I don't even own an iPhone as this covers phone (with buds) needs too using any of many good VOIP apps... and 5G is much less expensive for iPads. All other phone uses/apps tend to be- IMO- improved on a bigger screen and I mostly use it as mobile computer and texting device.

Cue Tony the Tiger voice: It's Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!
Except some apps are not available on iPad even though all the other requirements are met unfortunately.

bookcase

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I've used mine every day since I got it after launch and absolutely love it. I used the student discount and have one that will be delivering today for my husband's birthday.

Tummy

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
I've been using a 2018 iPad Pro 11 for several years and just got a 256GB cellular Mini 6, but I'm going to return it. The jelly scrolling in portrait orientation made me physically nauseous. It's not too noticeable in landscape orientation. ~$900 with tax and AppleCare, it should be a little better. If they can fix the scrolling, I would probably repurchase it.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G4
Mar 19, 2008
just got a 256GB cellular Mini 6, but I'm going to return it. The jelly scrolling in portrait orientation made me physically nauseous.

I really hope Apple are working on a ProMotion iPad mini 7 for eventual release
(probably a full year away at best, sadly)

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I'd love one of these as a pure media consumption / digital media creation device that will never be used in a laptop format.

snipr125

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I really hope Apple are working on a ProMotion iPad mini 7 for eventual release
(probably a full year away at best, sadly)
Apple should be putting 120 Mhz refresh rate screens on all their Premium mid range tablets like the Mini 6 and Air 5. Budget android phones in the £300 range have 120 mhz screens. The Galaxy A53, which is priced to compete with the Iphone SE 2022 has a 120 mhz screen. The entire Galaxy Tab 8 range has it. There is only so long Apple can get away with this. Hopefully the next Mini and Air will have them though.

Before anyone says, its 'Pro'-motion, so its for Pro Apple devices, show me any link or article that explicitly proves this. For me, the 'Pro' means positive motion, as in Pros/Cons.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2021
Apple should be putting 120 Mhz refresh rate screens on all their Premium mid range tablets like the Mini 6 and Air 5. Budget android phones in the £300 range have 120 mhz screens. The Galaxy A53, which is priced to compete with the Iphone SE 2022 has a 120 mhz screen. The entire Galaxy Tab 8 range has it. There is only so long Apple can get away with this. Hopefully the next Mini and Air will have them though.

Before anyone says, its 'Pro'-motion, so its for Pro Apple devices, show me any link or article that explicitly proves this. For me, the 'Pro' means positive motion, as in Pros/Cons.
Honestly Apple can keep ProMotion on its Pro devices just give the Air and Mini OLEDs instead. The response times of OLED (3ms) vs the terrible LCD/miniLED (50ms) basically means ProMotion is a crutch and still looks terrible. Take an iPhone 13 Pro vs any IPP and they just aren’t the same. I’ll argue that even OLED without ProMotion looks better than any LCD/miniLED Apple makes with it.

Reactions: snipr125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.