Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking an ongoing record low price on Apple's 512GB 27-inch 5K iMac with 6-core CPU from 2020. You can get this model for $1,699.99 on Amazon, down from $1,999.00, after an automatic coupon worth $199.01 is applied at checkout.

iMac-27-inch-2020-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale was introduced last month on Amazon and it remains the best discount we've ever tracked for this model of the 27-inch Intel iMac. Amazon's discount is so steep it's pricing the 512GB model down to the same level as the 256GB 27-inch iMac.

The iMac is in stock and sold by Amazon, ready to ship today with Amazon's typical free shipping for all Prime members. You can keep track of ongoing sales on Apple's iMac line by visiting our Best iMac Deals guide.

There, we keep track of the best iMac offers from Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, and other retailers, so be sure to check back often if you're shopping for an iMac for the first time, or thinking of upgrading.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounts 512GB 27-Inch iMac to Lowest Price of $1,699.99 ($299 Off)

oooopossum

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2021
Miami
Why anyone would buy an Intel iMac these days is beyond me. You’re shooting yourself in the foot

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Good deal if you need or are ok with Intel. I don't think the larger iMac/iMac Pro is going to be released next week, but even if it is I think Apple is going to position it significantly higher than the outgoing model. Probably will start at $2299.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Nice $300 discount for those in need (machine dying) or wanting that native Windows boot. Fingers crossed for replacement announcement at WWDC as well (these sales have been going on for a couple of months now), but with rumors pointing to laptops seems like a long shot).

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Good deal if you need or are ok with Intel. I don't think the larger iMac/iMac Pro is going to be released next week, but even if it is I think Apple is going to position it significantly higher than the outgoing model. Probably will start at $2299.
It should start cheaper, reason, Apple silicon is cheaper than Intel.
Go back in time 5-6 years price wise, start at $1799/1999
Someone on here said that before the 24-inch model was launched. They deleted their comment on launch day, before anyone could reply.
Not going to delete mine, They just released the 24 inchers, they are not going to release 27" (Or bigger) now, it's not going to happen.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
yeah, seems like the macbook pros are ready, but not the larger imacs quite yet. guess fall or later.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Why anyone would buy an Intel iMac these days is beyond me. You’re shooting yourself in the foot
Perfect for a small business with need for legacy software or Windows VM support, with an existing Intel-based workflow. Get an extended warranty and they are set for the next three years.

Then in three years when the ARM software versions are much more mature, they switch, after testing a new Apple Silicon based workflow in the meantime.

For workplaces with existing workflows without the need for the raw computing power of Apple Silicon, Intel machines would often be advantageous over Apple Silicon based machines for software and third party hardware compatibility reasons.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
It should start cheaper, reason, Apple silicon is cheaper than Intel.
Go back in time 5-6 years price wise, start at $1799/1999

Not going to delete mine, They just released the 24 inchers, they are not going to release 27" (Or bigger) now, it's not going to happen.

I'm of the opinion it is going to replace both the 27 iMac and 27 iMac Pro and they are going to take it more upscale. Thinking 30" and 16GB/512GB standard - so that will increase starting price. I guess they could make a M1 8/256GB version and try to keep a $1799 or $1999 price point.

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Someone on here said that before the 24-inch model was launched. They deleted their comment on launch day, before anyone could reply.
You have done the good work by keeping track of it.
Jokes aside, it’s always fun to guess what’s going to happen… it’s only a weekend away as of this message!
I’m inclined to think that it isn’t happening either although with a whole lot less confidence. Based on absolutely nothing, random hunch.

Nice $300 discount for those in need (machine dying) or wanting that native Windows boot. Fingers crossed for replacement announcement at WWDC as well (these sales have been going on for a couple of months now), but with rumors pointing to laptops seems like a long shot).
I think it’s not a bad machine at all, I got a mid 2020, 8GB, boosted on my own to 64GB, don’t see myself changing it for the next 5 years at least… screen is still great, for all the hate now on the design I find it timeless, it works.
Unless an impulsive burst hits me and I end up getting the M-whatever of the time… heck even the 24in has grown on me as an utility around the house extra station.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.