Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first Amazon discount has arrived today for the new 10.2-inch iPad, and you can get the 64GB Wi-Fi model for $299.00, down from $329.00. This price is only available in Space Gray on Amazon.

2021-ipad-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is technically a pre-order as the new iPad will officially launch tomorrow, September 24. You can place your order today, however, to get the $30 off sale price and the iPad will ship when Amazon receives stock tomorrow.

The 2021 iPad features an A13 Bionic chip with up to 20 percent faster performance than the previous generation, a True Tone display, an upgraded 12-megapixel ultra-wide front camera, and more. Prior to Amazon's sale, Walmart first introduced this $299.00 price tag and it's still available there as well.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Drops Price of New 64GB Wi-Fi iPad to $299.00 for the First Time ($30 Off)

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I'm tempted as gift for the spouse, who has work iPad, but no personal iPad. She is not a heavy user. I'm wondering how much storage is left of a 64GB with only out of the box operating system and apps.? I wish the offered a 128GB.

hoorayforhollywood

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2017
A $300 iPad with 64GB and pencil support, etc, is surely such an amazing deal that the entire product itself feels strangely 'unApple'. I'm one of those locked-in fans who doesn't consider other manufacturers (shame on me) but this is surely the best tablet at the price point by a LONG STRETCH? Are there rivals?

Reactions: sracer and Mainsail

swester

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
I'm tempted as gift for the spouse, who has work iPad, but no personal iPad. She is not a heavy user. I'm wondering how much storage is left of a 64GB with only out of the box operating system and apps.? I wish the offered a 128GB.

What would she need extra storage for anyway on an iPad? You can sync the low-res copies of media from iCloud, and I doubt she'd be installing 50GB worth of apps. I know some people who still get by on 16GB iPads, no problem.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
It's such a steal, total no-brainer, even considering taxes. Consider yourselves lucky. In Germany it costs 379€ which is 445USD for the same exact model
What would she need extra storage for anyway on an iPad? You can sync the low-res copies of media from iCloud, and I doubt she'd be installing 50GB worth of apps. I know some people who still get by on 16GB iPads, no problem.
Ordered! Merry X-Mas "She Who Must Be Obeyed, Master of the Blue Horizon" :D

Reactions: kltmom

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
2020 M1 MBA on sale for $850. 2021 iPad on sale for $300. Done and done. For $1,150, it's a great combo for students and average consumers. If you only get 4 years of use, that's less than $300 per year, or $25 per month, or $5-6 per week.....less than a weekly coffee and scone at the local coffee shop. Not bad for tech that can easily see most through college.

Reactions: kltmom

DiceMoney

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
What would she need extra storage for anyway on an iPad?
To add Music, Books, Files, Videos. Apps.

And havent' even counted photos.

I rather pay for storage, than use ICloud.

I tried ICloud for IBooks, then it went to organize the files, in the most obscure fashion.

Meaning if you want to move those books to another ecosystem, you are royally screwed. Unlike a dropbox, which is basically as easy as just, copy paste to another location.

skoosht

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, USA
FYI Citi Mastercard & Amazon have a promo if you use citi thank you points you get 20% off ($30 max).
My total was $269 before tax with this promo. Too good to pass up

1632422079952.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kimnkk

swester

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
What would she need extra storage for anyway on an iPad?
To add Music, Books, Files, Videos. Apps.

And havent' even counted photos.

I rather pay for storage, than use ICloud.

I tried ICloud for IBooks, then it went to organize the files, in the most obscure fashion.

Meaning if you want to move those books to another ecosystem, you are royally screwed. Unlike a dropbox, which is basically as easy as just, copy paste to another location.

All of those media types are very easily streamed through your choice of cloud platform - you aren't tied to iCloud, but it's definitely the easiest to sync with an iPad.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
A $300 iPad with 64GB and pencil support, etc, is surely such an amazing deal that the entire product itself feels strangely 'unApple'. I'm one of those locked-in fans who doesn't consider other manufacturers (shame on me) but this is surely the best tablet at the price point by a LONG STRETCH? Are there rivals?
Yes, there are competent rivals. Samsung periodically runs some irresistible sales on their website. I picked up a Galaxy Tab S6 (6GB RAM / 128GB storage) for $329. (the S-Pen is included) Book cover was $15 and Book Cover Keyboard, $45. It gives iPad Pros a run for their money (but that's a topic for another thread).

That's my primary "full-sized" tablet. My iPad Mini 5 is a close second. But I am a huge fan of these base level iPads and will most likely pick up a 9th gen, along with a smartcover and smart keyboard cover. Especially since it will most likely be the last iPad with the classic chassis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.