Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is ramping up deals ahead of the holiday shopping season, and today we're tracking a few solid markdowns on AirPods Pro 2 and Apple Watch Series 8. This includes a rare discount on the AirPods Pro 2 and in the case of the Apple Watch, we're seeing all-time low prices on cellular models.

AirPods Pro 2

Amazon today has the AirPods Pro 2 for $234.00, down from $249.00. This is one of the first times we've seen a discount on the second-generation AirPods Pro since Prime Early Access in October.

airpods-pro-2-holiday-snowflakes.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Compared to the Prime Early Access deal, today's sale is a second-best price on the AirPods Pro 2. They're in stock today with an estimated delivery window given between November 9 and 12.

Apple Watch Series 8

Additionally, Amazon has the cellular models of the Apple Watch Series 8 for all-time low prices this week. You can get the 41mm cellular Apple Watch Series 8 for $389.00, down from $499.00. This one is available in three colors: (PRODUCT)RED, Midnight, and Starlight aluminum, and each color has both S/M and M/L band sizes available at this price.

apple-watch-series-8-snowflakes.jpg

The 45mm cellular Apple Watch Series 8 is available for $489.99, down from $529.00. This one is on sale in the same three colors as the 41mm model, including Starlight, Midnight, and (PRODUCT)RED aluminum options.

We're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Has AirPods Pro 2 for $234 ($15 Off) and Cellular Apple Watch Series 8 for $389 ($110 Off)

phillypharm

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2012
Tempted on the AW8, but I’m on mint mobile and still waiting on better prepaid options. I think T-Mo is the only carrier with a standalone plan (that isn’t family setup), but it’s still $20/mo before taxes and fees.

Reactions: clunkmess

minik

Contributor
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Wow that's a great deal on a month old watch.

Couldn't get me to buy lightning airpods if you gave them to me for free though.
Not sure what's the fuzz with Lightning charging port on the entire AirPods line up. The AirPods Pro gen 2 has a MagSafe charging case now.

AppleTO

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Wow that's a great deal on a month old watch.

Couldn't get me to buy lightning airpods if you gave them to me for free though.
Really? But you'd buy them with USB-C? The AirPods aren't lightning, just the case is. But I've never even plugged mine in. No need. They support regular wireless chargers and even the magnetic watch charger, which works amazingly - it's like a mini MagSafe. Port is basically irrelevant.

wallaby

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
Think AirPods Pro 2 will get any steeper discounts for Black Friday, or is now the time to pounce?

mnsportsgeek

Suspended
Feb 24, 2009
Really? But you'd buy them with USB-C? The AirPods aren't lightning, just the case is. But I've never even plugged mine in. No need. They support regular wireless chargers and even the magnetic watch charger, which works amazingly - it's like a mini MagSafe. Port is basically irrelevant.
Yep, not buying anything with a lightning port ever again.

mnsportsgeek

Suspended
Feb 24, 2009
I’ve literally never plugged any of my AirPods Pro in. It could have a serial port for wired charging and I wouldn’t even care.
I don't wirelessly charge airpods because they don't stop charging when they're done. I wake up in the morning and the case is still warm after 9 hours. I know they can't overcharge, but something is still happening to keep them hot.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Brad7 and iMerik

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Series 8 is tempting at that price, but Walmart has the series 7 $60 cheaper (41mm). For a person who doesn’t ovulate, we’re basically talking about paying $60 for crash detection, right?

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Reactions: mnsportsgeek

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2021

Amazon is ramping up deals ahead of the holiday shopping season, and today we're tracking a few solid markdowns on AirPods Pro 2 and Apple Watch Series 8. This includes a rare discount on the AirPods Pro 2 and in the case of the Apple Watch, we're seeing all-time low prices on cellular models.

AirPods Pro 2

Amazon today has the AirPods Pro 2 for $234.00, down from $249.00. This is one of the first times we've seen a discount on the second-generation AirPods Pro since Prime Early Access in October.

airpods-pro-2-holiday-snowflakes.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Compared to the Prime Early Access deal, today's sale is a second-best price on the AirPods Pro 2. They're in stock today with an estimated delivery window given between November 9 and 12.

Apple Watch Series 8

Additionally, Amazon has the cellular models of the Apple Watch Series 8 for all-time low prices this week. You can get the 41mm cellular Apple Watch Series 8 for $389.00, down from $499.00. This one is available in three colors: (PRODUCT)RED, Midnight, and Starlight aluminum, and each color has both S/M and M/L band sizes available at this price.

The 45mm cellular Apple Watch Series 8 is available for $489.99, down from $529.00. This one is on sale in the same three colors as the 41mm model, including Starlight, Midnight, and (PRODUCT)RED aluminum options.

We're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Has AirPods Pro 2 for $234 ($15 Off) and Cellular Apple Watch Series 8 for $389 ($110 Off)
Man, the AirPods Pro 2 are going to last years without a refresh. I’ll rather wait until they go down to $179 in a couple of months. The Apple Watch it’s even worse. By March we will see the price go down at least $100.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.