Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has introduced its first ever discount on the all-new 14-inch MacBook Pro. You can get the 8-Core M1 Pro 512GB model for $1,949.99, down from $1,999.00. This $50 sale is the first time we're tracking a deal on the 14-inch MacBook Pro on Amazon, and the second overall deal following offers from Expercom.

14-16-inch-2021-mbps-back-to-back-feature-orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple just announced the new MacBook Pro models this week, and they come in 14-inch and 16-inch size options. As of writing, no 16-inch MacBook Pro deals are available on Amazon, but be sure to keep an eye on our Best MacBook Deals guide for when those start to appear.

Shoppers should note that the 14-inch MacBook Pro is a pre-order on Amazon right now. You can still order the notebook today at a discount, and it's estimated to begin shipping out on launch day, October 26.

The new MacBook Pro models feature a redesigned look, with a full-screen display that includes a notch with a 1080p webcam. They include M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, featuring a 10-core CPU with eight high-performance cores and two high-efficiency cores. This makes the new models up to 70 percent faster than the previous generation.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Update: A few hours after we posted, Amazon began discounting the 16-inch MacBook Pro as well. You can get the 10-Core M1 Pro, 1TB model for $2,649.99, down from $2,699.00.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Introduces First Discount on 14-Inch MacBook Pro, Get 8-Core M1 Pro 512GB Model for $1,949.99 ($50 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

Adreitz

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
FYI, Costco has a number of models (not just the base) available for preorder for what looks like a flat $50 off.

14" M1 Pro 8/14 Core, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, $1949.99: https://www.costco.com/new-macbook-...14-core-gpu,-512gb-ssd.product.100713178.html
14" M1 Pro 10/16 Core, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, $2449.99: https://www.costco.com/new-macbook-...d-16-core-gpu,-1tb-ssd.product.100713171.html
16" M1 Pro 10/16 core, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, $2449.99: https://www.costco.com/new-macbook-...16-core-gpu,-512gb-ssd.product.100694234.html
16" M1 Pro 10/16 core, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, $2649.99: https://www.costco.com/new-macbook-...d-16-core-gpu,-1tb-ssd.product.100694281.html
16" M1 Max 10/32 core, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, $3449.99: https://www.costco.com/new-macbook-...d-32-core-gpu,-1tb-ssd.product.100694160.html

Adreitz

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
In my experience ordering from Apple is ALWAYS the advised thing to do. Yeh, you can save a bit by buying elsewhere, but Apple really have the power to look after you if you buy direct from them.
Not sure what you are referring to. These alternate sellers still provide full benefits, e.g. MFG warranty and basic AppleCare. These aren't gray market outfits.

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
In my experience ordering from Apple is ALWAYS the advised thing to do. Yeh, you can save a bit by buying elsewhere, but Apple really have the power to look after you if you buy direct from them.
How so?

That’s not to say there’s something wrong with buying Apple direct, but their service isn’t anything special from a purchasing and support persecitve as any other retailer. Everyone generally has good return policies, a few uniquely better than others, and at the end of the day you either go back to the retailer, apple or others, for returns/exchanges and ultimately direct to Apple in either scenario for support related issues. Apple, history will show and prove, hasn’t really gone out of it’s way to ever ‘take care of the customer’ and ’look out for them’.

Reactions: PC_tech
Oct 17, 2021

Costco looks like an excellent alternative to Amazon and they have better service.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

sw1tcher

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2004
It doesn't make a difference if you buy from Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, or some other authorized seller. They will all have the 1 year warranty. And they will all offer the option to buy AppleCare.

Costco even sells AppleCare for less than what Apple does if you want to buy it, but why would you when Costco already covers it for an additional year, and if you pay with their Costco Citi Visa card, you get an additional 2 years on top of that for a total of 4 years.

seanners

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020
Simply Mac discounts:

Nonobiness

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2021
Not only that, they also give you 2 years of warranty and if you buy it with Citi Costco credit card then you also get additional 2 years of warranty...making it total 4 years of warranty. its really hard to beat, almost makes apple care+ useless IMHO.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68040
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I would wait a few months if you are not desperate to get it. I jumped the gun on an impulse buy for my M1 from last year then 5 months later, same 512 GB model that I paid 1,600 for was going for the same price of the entry level model. Moral of the story, wait.

Also, speaking of buying from Amazon, I’ve had a great experience so far, since I was able to amortize the purchase over 12 months removing the scariness of the upfront cost. I have an Apple card but my credit was not high enough to do the installment plan. I wanted to so I could get the 3% back. But apparently I’m just too poor.

Qualified for a 3,400 dollar credit with my Amazon store card and used that instead. There were a couple of hiccups paying it off, but support resolved it (you gotta be persistent though). When the second generation larger screen iMac comes
out in 2023 I’m gonna use Amazon again. Apple store is great for test runs.

Joniz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2017

Amazon gives you 30 days for returns. Much longer during this, the holiday season.

(Or as I call it, the Tryshitout season.)

Doesn’t Apple only offer 14 days?

Reactions: Lukkee24

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I had tried holding off for one of these, but caved and got the MBA. Now that I’ve seen the new models, I’m very glad I didn’t wait. I got the MBA on sale for about $849 at Best Buy… and the thing is amazing. I really can’t see any benefit that would warrant me paying $2000.

Reactions: SantaFeNM

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown San Diego
This is for silver only, fwiw.

Also to note, even if this was applied, if you wanted to do 0% API installment payments the 5% prime discount isn't applied. I know it's not much but Apple would come out slightly ahead w/ their 3% discount, though it's 12 months vs. 18 months.

StoneJack

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2009
I had tried holding off for one of these, but caved and got the MBA. Now that I’ve seen the new models, I’m very glad I didn’t wait. I got the MBA on sale for about $849 at Best Buy… and the thing is amazing. I really can’t see any benefit that would warrant me paying $2000.
I wonder if i should do the same. I have intel Macbook pro 13 inch 2019 and the new models are simply too powerful and expensive to me. If i want something lighter, M1 MBA is the way to go. Or maybe I should wait for 2022 MBA..

Reactions: SantaFeNM

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Wrong. Apple has the shortest return window of any retailer (two weeks vs. four) no loyalty program like Best Buy and always the highest prices as they never put their products on sale directly, only occasionally offer gift cards or add ons like headphones etc.
Furthermore, whether you purchase through Apple directly or an authorized third party, Apple will still offer the same protection, warranty and inhouse tech support, so given the above there is no incentive whatsoever to buy directly from Apple.
I purchased my M1 MBA through Costco, who automatically extends the OEM warranty by a second year inhouse. I paid for it with my Citibank Costco Visa, which gave me another two years. Yeah those three extra years are through Costco and not Apple, but given it didn't cost me a dime, I can live with that. It was also 150 dollars less than MSRP. Other 3rd party retailers offer similar protections, especially when you use their credit cards to purchase, but Costco's is the best as far as I'm concerned.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I wonder if i should do the same. I have intel Macbook pro 13 inch 2019 and the new models are simply too powerful and expensive to me. If i want something lighter, M1 MBA is the way to go. Or maybe I should wait for 2022 MBA..

This model of MBA is great. FaceTime would be nice, and the lack of it on the new pros is part of why I don’t regret waiting for the pro. I’m a bit surprised it didn’t have it. the M1 is so fast that I can’t fathom any use case for me that would make me want to wait for the m2

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown San Diego
This model of MBA is great. FaceTime would be nice, and the lack of it on the new pros is part of why I don’t regret waiting for the pro. I’m a bit surprised it didn’t have it. the M1 is so fast that I can’t fathom any use case for me that would make me want to wait for the m2

I'd wait for the M2 simply because the redesign, possibly higher base memory.

• Love
Reactions: TakeshimaIslands

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
At least with Apple you can return it if you don’t like it within two weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.