Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a few deals on cases for the iPhone and iPad. Specifically, this includes the Magic Keyboard case for the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, as well as Clear, Silicone, and Leather cases for the iPhone 14 family of smartphones.

iPad Keyboards

Starting with the 11-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard, Amazon has this accessory for $249.99 in White and Black, down from $299.00. This is a second-best price on the 11-inch Magic Keyboard, and only Amazon has this price.

magic-keyboard-yellow-1.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Additionally, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard is on sale for $299.99 on Amazon, down from $349.00. This is another second-best price for the Magic Keyboard, and for the 12.9-inch size only White is available.

iPhone Cases

Other than iPad keyboard cases, Amazon also has a notable sale on nearly every official Apple case for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro lineup. You'll find up to 25 percent off Clear, Silicone, and Leather cases on Amazon, all of which we've collected below. These include some of the lowest prices we've ever tracked on these accessories.

iphone-cases-yellow.jpg

iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Introduces New Sales on iPad Magic Keyboards and Official iPhone Cases

Umacga

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2021
Can't speak for the silicone or leather cases, which look fine, but the clear official Apple case is easily the worst Apple product I've ever purchased. It scratched super easily, just from being laid down on my desk and put in my pocket, and as a result started looking dirty in months. This wasn't nearly as bad as the fact that it yellowed badly within a year. Protection was minimal; I dropped it once from a couple of inches onto a wooden desk, and the corner of the case had a big ding where it was obviously cracked inside; I figured I'd have had a cracked phone from anything more significant. And the first time I took it off (to clean it) the bottom part cracked.

Not to mention it was super slippery, but I guess that is to be expected with this style. But the yellowing and cracking were not.

SevLucas

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
Dallas, Texas
Can't speak for the silicone or leather cases, which look fine, but the clear official Apple case is easily the worst Apple product I've ever purchased. It scratched super easily, just from being laid down on my desk and put in my pocket, and as a result started looking dirty in months. This wasn't nearly as bad as the fact that it yellowed badly within a year. Protection was minimal; I dropped it once from a couple of inches onto a wooden desk, and the corner of the case had a big ding where it was obviously cracked inside; I figured I'd have had a cracked phone from anything more significant. And the first time I took it off (to clean it) the bottom part cracked.

Not to mention it was super slippery, but I guess that is to be expected with this style. But the yellowing and cracking were not.
The leather cases used to be great, but since iPhone 12, they seemed to switch to a faux leather. The brown color variant used to wear and develop a gorgeous patina. Now they just look awful and dirty once they start to wear. Unfortunate because the leather brown color was my go to case. If anyone has an alternative that is just as slim as Apple's case, let me know!

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
I’ve been happily using the Logitech Combo Touch ever since the 11” Pro was introduced. I get function keys, side protection, my only gripe is they placed a lock key slightly above the delete key. Worst placement of a key that is not needed IMHO.

Oh and it’s $50 less than the “on sale price“ Apple keyboard.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I’ve been happily using the Logitech Combo Touch ever since the 11” Pro was introduced. I get function keys, side protection, my only gripe is they placed a lock key slightly above the delete key. Worst placement of a key that is not needed IMHO.

Oh and it’s $50 less than the “on sale price“ Apple keyboard.
I own both the Apple and the Logitech Combo Touch. I love the Combo Touch's function keys, that the Apple case does not have. But, I've had trouble with the Combo Touch's thin case design around the speaker holes on my 12.9" iPP. They started to warp and hang loose.

To Logitech's credit they sent a replacement. And no I don't pull the iPP out of the Combo Touch in and out of the case, so I have not idea why the issue arose, other than the material is so thin on the screen side.

The only other downside of the Comb Touch is having to extend the back flap in "laptop" mode. Works well, but pretty much requires a desk or a laptop lapboard. The Apple product perches on my lap, just fine.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Frequently, when Apple stuff goes on clearance at Amazon, its essentially a signal that that product is about to replaced. Wonder if that is happening here? Would like a keyboard for my iPad Pro that has the capabilities of the keyboard introduced in late 2022 (function keys, in particular).

Colin56

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2020

Today we're tracking a few deals on cases for the iPhone and iPad. Specifically, this includes the Magic Keyboard case for the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, as well as Clear, Silicone, and Leather cases for the iPhone 14 family of smartphones.

iPad Keyboards

Starting with the 11-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard, Amazon has this accessory for $249.99 in White and Black, down from $299.00. This is a second-best price on the 11-inch Magic Keyboard, and only Amazon has this price.

magic-keyboard-yellow-1.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Additionally, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard is on sale for $299.99 on Amazon, down from $349.00. This is another second-best price for the Magic Keyboard, and for the 12.9-inch size only White is available.

iPhone Cases

Other than iPad keyboard cases, Amazon also has a notable sale on nearly every official Apple case for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro lineup. You'll find up to 25 percent off Clear, Silicone, and Leather cases on Amazon, all of which we've collected below. These include some of the lowest prices we've ever tracked on these accessories.

iphone-cases-yellow.jpg

iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Introduces New Sales on iPad Magic Keyboards and Official iPhone Cases
Why are these deals never available in the UK? Galling to see US$37.95 against GBP£49.00 for the same item. (Yes I know USD prices don't include sales tax ...)

Reactions: David1964

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Good prices. I like my Umber leather case that I got in October. It’s soft, yet grippy. Looks and feels premium. The edges where I hold it have started to turn black, but to me it looks totally fine.

I think these cuts also mean they’re gearing up for the March release with new colors.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
I own both the Apple and the Logitech Combo Touch. I love the Combo Touch's function keys, that the Apple case does not have. But, I've had trouble with the Combo Touch's thin case design around the speaker holes on my 12.9" iPP. They started to warp and hang loose.

To Logitech's credit they sent a replacement. And no I don't pull the iPP out of the Combo Touch in and out of the case, so I have not idea why the issue arose, other than the material is so thin on the screen side.

The only other downside of the Comb Touch is having to extend the back flap in "laptop" mode. Works well, but pretty much requires a desk or a laptop lapboard. The Apple product perches on my lap, just fine.
Yes, now that you mention it I have a slight bit of warping as well and never take it out of the case. Mine isn't bad, barely noticeable, and it's been so long I thought that's how it came. 😄

I know what you are talking about with the back flap, you do have to be a little creative with it, but that's another thing I've gotten use to. I could see where someone else might not like it.

Which do you find yourself using more?

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
I love the leather cases. The dust and lint stick to the silicone cases.

I wish they would give us the iPhone X leather case colors. The blue and red ones were perfect.

I don’t think they’ve even added new leather case colors in the spring like they usually do since the iPhone 12 series…

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Yes, now that you mention it I have a slight bit of warping as well and never take it out of the case. Mine isn't bad, barely noticeable, and it's been so long I thought that's how it came. 😄

I know what you are talking about with the back flap, you do have to be a little creative with it, but that's another thing I've gotten use to. I could see where someone else might not like it.

Which do you find yourself using more?
I keep the Combo Touch on the iPP all the time after purchasing it. So the Apple product is just backup. note the warping keep getting worse over time, and the the. A second speaker area started to go.

Reactions: Razorpit

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Those magic keyboards… want one for an iPad Pro 12.9” (but don’t need it).
I tend to buy so many apple things without complaining too much (compared to the average) and just bite the prices… however something is really off personally with these imo. Not even at the $300 deal… a full working entry MacMini is barely double that.

Apple peripherals have become quite expensive, including keyboards since the introduction of TouchID (which I’ll agree it’s great, but pricy).

Henry S

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2011
I like the silicone cases, but I wish they would last more than six months without the silicone peeling away from the edges. All I ask for is a year, since I typically upgrade then anyway.

David1964

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
I like the silicone cases, but I wish they would last more than six months without the silicone peeling away from the edges. All I ask for is a year, since I typically upgrade then anyway.
Mine always last a full year and more if I don’t upgrade.It all depends how rough you are with your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.