Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has Apple's 2021 11-inch iPad Pro (2TB Wi-Fi) for $1,299.97, down from its original price of $1,899.00. This is the lowest price we've ever tracked for this previous-generation M1 model of the iPad Pro.

iPad-Pro-Deals-Feature-Yellow.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get this price in both Space Gray and Silver on Amazon, and we are seeing stock dwindle on the latter option. Fastest delivery options are set for as soon as Saturday, January 14, while free delivery will arrive on January 18.

The M1 and M2 iPad Pro models share a majority of their features, with the biggest advantages of the newer models coming with the performance boost from the M2 chip. If you prioritize saving money over owning the newest Apple accessories, Amazon's $599 markdown today is a solid offer on the previous-generation iPad Pro.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Knocks $599 Off Apple's 2TB M1 11-Inch iPad Pro for an All-Time Low Price

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
In other words, this discount is more than the cost of a 4tb NVMe SSD, while the total cost over the MSRP of the base model is about the cost of a 4tb SSD.

Apple’s margins on storage upgrades are absurd.
Devils advocate: at least this one also has 16GB RAM

arkhanjel

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
Barely? Price drops should have happened when the M2 iPad Pros started selling.

BillM704

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
If you need that much storage in an iPad, I'd say screw it and just get a laptop at that point. If you're someone who works in a field that needs you to have an high powered computing solution, which also depends on the situation you find yourself in, I don't think the iPad Pro would be a good choice. I mean yes it's a great tablet, but to try to use it as a replacement for an actual desktop/laptop doesn't make sense to me. Then again YMMV.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I am still flabbergasted by some of these deals I see on Amazon all the time. Its like they hoarded up a lot of Apple products and now are trying to get rid of it.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
If you need that much storage in an iPad, I'd say screw it and just get a laptop at that point. If you're someone who works in a field that needs you to have an high powered computing solution, which also depends on the situation you find yourself in, I don't think the iPad Pro would be a good choice. I mean yes it's a great tablet, but to try to use it as a replacement for an actual desktop/laptop doesn't make sense to me. Then again YMMV.

I like having large internal storage on my iPads but that doesn't mean I'll be using the iPad as a direct laptop replacement.

Indeed, some of my laptops only have 512GB internal but that's because using external storage with laptops is seamless while with the iPad, there are plenty of things you can't use external storage for (e.g. installing apps and games). I've got a 2TB Samsung T7 SSD that I use for PortableApps and the like. I also bought a 4TB SSD that I plan to use for my Steam backlog.

Granted, I don't need 2TB on the iPad. For me, 1TB suffices. In this case though the 2TB model is actually cheaper than the 1TB one so if you're in the market for a 1TB+ 11" iPad, then might as well get the one with larger storage.

Last edited:

BillM704

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2022
I like having large internal storage on my iPads but that doesn't mean I'll be using the iPad as a direct laptop replacement.

Indeed, some of my laptops only have 512GB internal but that's because using external storage with laptops is seamless while with the iPad, there are plenty of things you can't use external storage for (e.g. installing apps and games). I've got a 2TB Samsung T7 SSD that I use for PortableApps and the like. I also bought a 4TB SSD that I plan to use for my Steam backlog.

Granted, I don't need 2TB on the iPad. For me, 1TB suffices. In this case though the 2TB model is actually cheaper than the 1TB one so if you're in the market for a 1TB+ 11" iPad, then might as well get the one with larger storage.
That's fair enough. The 512 Gig Pro works just fine for me. Funnily enough, I was comparing it to a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and with everything that I wanted for the Pro, it actually came out cheaper than the Tab S8 Ultra. I wanted to expand my technological horizons so I figured I'd give Apple a shot. So far I've been extremely impressed by it's performance and the Retina display is just beautiful.

Inspector Void

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2023
My wife is a caricature artist and also does other graphic design stuff on her iPad. For her, space gets filled up quite quickly and she needs all that extra space.

Suicidy

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2015
I have the 1TB version of this. I didn’t the need the storage space at all, but it got me 16GB of RAM instead of 8GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.