Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon this week is discounting numerous Apple notebooks and tablets, offering new all-time-low prices in each instance. You can save as much as $400 in these sales, which relate to the 2019 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, and the 2018 iPad Pro and iPad.

All-Time-Low-iPads-and-MBPs.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

2019 MacBook Pro

To start off, there's a unique coupon available for the 13-inch MacBook Pro this week on Amazon. The retailer has discounted the all-new 2019 MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD to $1,599.99, down from $1,799.00, which in and of itself is an all-time-low price.

But, when you clip the on-page coupon to take an additional $200 off (totaling $400 off), you can get the computer for just $1,399.99, easily beating the prices found on Best Buy and B&H Photo.

macbook-pro-13-inch-2019.jpg

This is the model that Apple updated in May 2019, with an eighth-generation Intel processor and new butterfly keyboard technology. Head to Amazon to check out the sale before it ends soon.

2018 11-Inch iPad Pro

You can also save on the 11-inch iPad Pro from 2018 this week, with Amazon offering another all-time-low price. The 1TB Wi-Fi iPad Pro is available for $1,149.99, down from $1,349.00 ($200 off).

appleipadprodesign2.jpg

If you prefer the 12.9-inch model, Amazon has the 1TB 12.9-inch iPad Pro at $1,349.99, down from $1,549.00 ($200 off), which is another lowest-ever price. These are the iPad Pros that received a major design overhaul last fall, with slim bezels, Face ID, USB-C, and support for the Apple Pencil 2.

2018 9.7-Inch iPad

Lastly, you can save on the 32GB cellular 9.7-inch iPad, priced at $379.00, down from $459.00 ($80 off). As with every other sale today, this is the lowest price we've tracked among the major Apple resellers online.

9.7-inch-ipad-image-white.jpg

This iPad comes with a 9.7-inch Retina display, A10 Fusion chip, Touch ID support, 8MP back camera and 1.2MP front camera, 802.11ac Wi-Fi and up to 10 hours of battery life.

2019 MacBook Air

For a limited time, this MacBook Air is priced at $899.97, down from $1,099.00. At nearly $200 off, this is the lowest price the new MacBook Air has ever reached, and stock appears to be tight. Amazon says that this model will be in stock on October 17, but it may ship sooner depending on supplies.

macbook-air-2019.jpg

Apple updated the MacBook Air in July with a True Tone display, updated butterfly keyboard, and a more affordable price tag starting at $1,099 (down even lower today). This line also includes a Retina display, slim bezels, Touch ID, 8th-gen Intel chips, up to 16GB RAM, and up to a 1TB SSD.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup for all of the latest Apple-related discounts and offers.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Offers All-Time-Low Prices on New MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and More (Up to $400 Off)

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
For half a second I thought it said "Amazon offers All Time Low" (the band) and I was like why do we care what Amazon's streaming service offers! /whoops

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I went to the site right after reading this, and I don't see the coupon at all. Perhaps it's expired?

Update:

I went to Amazon on my own, and the coupon does NOT appear. If you follow the link it appears, but I also get the "Sorry, you are not eligible for this coupon" notification.

Ah well. Seemed like a great deal, since it basically gets you Apple Care for $70.

Last edited:

dwman

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
San Francisco
I went to the site right after reading this, and I don't see the coupon at all. Perhaps it's expired?

Update:

I went to Amazon on my own, and the coupon does NOT appear. If you follow the link it appears, but I also get the "Sorry, you are not eligible for this coupon" notification.

Ah well. Seemed like a great deal, since it basically gets you Apple Care for $70.
I received the same message, but if you click the coupon checkbox, then add it to your cart, the discount shows up at checkout, so it does work.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I couldn't get the first coupon to work. Anyone else experiencing that too?

Same. It says "Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon."

Update:

I am in Europe, had no trouble finding and applying for it.
There's a box below the pricing, tick it for the extra $200 discount.

They can keep it. Waiting for the redesigned keyboard.

Why even bother to comment.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I received the same message, but if you click the coupon checkbox, then add it to your cart, the discount shows up at checkout, so it does work.
I tried that a few times, with one payment, with multiple payments, with & without Apple Care.

All with the same results:
Order Summary
Items: $1,599.99
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Total before tax: $1,599.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $116.00
Order total: $1,715.99
It doesn't apply the coupon at checkout for me.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
Not sure if BH saw this and reduced prices but the configuration I always wanted is $500 off.

I7 6 core, 32GB, 1TB, 560x. That is a great deal but I guess the new ones are launching soon.

LaloG

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2013
Costco does not have the additional $200 coupon though.

I chatted with someone from Amazon...they didn't know why it wasn't going through.
Costco’s price is $1399 for the same laptop. No coupon needed. Plus they give you a 2 yr warranty. Not just 1.

Reactions: ob81

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Junk keyboard on a laptop?

hard pass at any price. Let’s hope Apple learns sooner than later. I mean, it’s been over four years of failed promises that this time they’ve fixed the flawed design.

Cheaper iPad Pros are a great thing on the other hand.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Costco’s price is $1399 for the same laptop. No coupon needed. Plus they give you a 2 yr warranty. Not just 1.
I checked into the Costco offer, but it says the item isn't in stock.

Costco does not have the additional $200 coupon though.

I chatted with someone from Amazon...they didn't know why it wasn't going through.
Just for laughs did the same. I am still in the chat with someone who is of no help. I actually did two adventures in Borderlands 3 in the time, they've been "checking the policy". I get the impression I am supposed to give up, log off, and just shrug my shoulders. :confused:

northofnowhere

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I decided to give the Amazon app a try. Was able to get the coupon to work there no problems. $1399 total end price. Not a bad deal for something that will cost $1799 buying through apple.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Well, finally got a response from the Amazon person in chat. This is what they claim.
XXXXXX XXX | Customer Service
Hi! Upon checking with my lead, I'm being told because the list price is 1799.00 and the price is 1599.99 that's why

We are also sendng a ticket to our promotions team to double check on this listing and have them investigate

So that's what they are going with after an hour of stalling. :p Ah well. As I said, it was a nice thought.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I decided to give the Amazon app a try. Was able to get the coupon to work there no problems. $1399 total end price. Not a bad deal for something that will cost $1799 buying through apple.
Yup, just looked in the app. Sure enough, the window blanks out apologizing for the inconvenience, but refreshing it gets you the coupon applied.

Now I have to decide if I still want it after all this. :p:rolleyes: They never say you have to work to get one of their own coupons to work. :D

frugalvagabond

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
$1399 for the variant with 2.4Ghz and 256GB? I have been checking out costco but their prices don't seem that great. And what do you mean a 2 yr warranty? Like a costco warranty, an extended apple warranty somehow, or like they give you applecare included?
[automerge]1569277303[/automerge]
Well, finally got a response from the Amazon person in chat. This is what they claim.

So that's what they are going with after an hour of stalling. :p Ah well. As I said, it was a nice thought.
I know this is multiple days old, but were you able to get the coupon thing to work? I checked the link last night and it was on sale for $1549 but wasn't able to find the clip coupon. :( That is a very great deal. I think I missed out on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.