Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a pair of discounts on Apple's 2022 13-inch MacBook Pro and 2020 MacBook Air on Amazon. With these deals you can get $199 off the notebooks, including the return of all-time low prices on both devices.

MacBook Air

Starting with the 2020 M1 MacBook Air, the 256GB model is on sale for the all-time low price of $799.99, down from $999.00. All three colors are available at this price, with delivery dates estimated for May 12 at the earliest.

M1-MacBook-Air-Deals-Feature-Cool.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This version of the MacBook Air sports a tapered design and does not have the updated chassis of the newer M2 MacBook Air models. It has the M1 chip and a 13-inch Retina display, and today's sale matches the previous all-time low price seen on Amazon for the computer.

MacBook Pro

Moving to the 256GB 13-inch MacBook Pro, this model is on sale for $1,099.99 on Amazon, down from $1,299.00. This is a return of the all-time low price on this MacBook Pro, and the first time we've seen this low of a price on the 2022 13-inch MacBook Pro since last year.

macbook-pro-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Secondly, the 512GB 13-inch MacBook Pro is on sale for $1,299.99, down from $1,499.00. This one is a solid second-best price on the MacBook Pro, and it's only available in Space Gray.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook. Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Takes $199 Off Apple's M1 MacBook Air and M2 13-Inch MacBook Pro

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
The M1 Air would make a nice couch surfing or StarBucks device. Not to mention great for travel. Apple should keep it in the lineup in perpetuity and keep it updated with new Apple Silicon ever 2 years similar to the iPhone SE. It’s such an iconic design and looks better than the current MacBook Air to be honest.

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
The M1 Air would make a nice couch surfing or StarBucks device. Not to mention great for travel. Apple should keep it in the lineup in perpetuity and keep it updated with new Apple Silicon ever 2 years similar to the iPhone SE. It’s such an iconic design and looks better than the current MacBook Air to be honest.
It's still such a good buy, even 2.5 years later - especially at $799!

Reactions: compwiz1202

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
This is hardly a deal, and hardly “news.” The laptop has been $799 more often than not for the last year if you look for it.

Reactions: rog

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
The 8/256 model is great for the price. I can do everything I need on it, including a boatload of Firefox tabs and running Microsoft Word and OneNote.
I have the NHL playoffs streaming on ESPN in Chrome (*gasp* I know!) with 5 other tabs (one is Pandora radio on mute and another is a streaming service thru my church, and another is MR ;-)), 3 other apps taking up full size screen (MS Edge with 6 tabs for work; Photos; Calendar/Messages), TeamViewer running, and my wife is logged into her username with Fast User Switching enabled. I know she has tons of stuff open because she never closes anything and I don't blame her.

This is all on a 19-month old base M1 MBA, and there is 0 lag anywhere. The slowest thing about my usage right now is the Windows laptop I'm remoting into. 😂

Reactions: mikeschr

Anglagard

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2021
I have the NHL playoffs streaming on ESPN in Chrome (*gasp* I know!) with 5 other tabs (one is Pandora radio on mute and another is a streaming service thru my church, and another is MR ;-)), 3 other apps taking up full size screen (MS Edge with 6 tabs for work; Photos; Calendar/Messages), TeamViewer running, and my wife is logged into her username with Fast User Switching enabled. I know she has tons of stuff open because she never closes anything and I don't blame her.

This is all on a 19-month old base M1 MBA, and there is 0 lag anywhere. The slowest thing about my usage right now is the Windows laptop I'm remoting into. 😂
Go Panthers!

Ad47uk

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2023
8GB is silly. 16 is barely enough if you have more than a few tabs open.

No one wants 8/256 models. But is sure is a good way to make the price point look good.
The MacBook Air is not supposed to be a powerhouse, unless you are going to edit 4K video and open up a load of apps, use Photoshop with loads of filters, 8GB of ram will do fine, 256GB of stoarge should be fine as well, a lot of people use the cloud these days anyway for storage, so if you are using the machine in a place where you have Wi-fi you can grabe documents that way.
A lot of people think they need a load of ram, and that is because they have been told so to try to get more money out of them over the years. I realise that with a Mac you are stuck with what you buy in Ram and internal storage.

if I was in the market for a laptop running Mac Os then I would take a look at the MacBook Air, but I have no desire for another laptop as I hate the things. Saying that i am more or less using a laptop now but without the built-in keyboard and screen

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
The cheapest Air was available for less, previously. This deal has been the regular pricing for a while now. I got one at $779 from Microcenter and at some point I believe there was a $50 coupon thing going on as well bringing the price down further.

$799 for a three year old device seems appropriate and reasonable pricing outside any special time-limited offers.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
They’re priced down from 1219 euros to 989 euros including tax here, which is not a bad deal. I’m tempted to buy one for surfing on the couch, since they’re light and have great battery life, to replace my 12.9” iPad Pro.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Does the MacBook Pro 13 have promotion?
It does. Quite a lot, in fact. You never can go a moment without your local radio station or TV channel bragging about how good those MacBook Pro 13-inches are, these days.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Apple should keep it in the lineup in perpetuity and keep it updated with new Apple Silicon ever 2 years similar to the iPhone SE. It’s such an iconic design and looks better than the current MacBook Air to be honest.
I've been saying that for a while, and it might just happen. Rename it the MacBook SE and drop in some new internals every couple of years as the sub $1K model. For example next year when the M3 MBA's come out, drop a M2 in the older form factor and keep it at $999 or even $899.

Reactions: Mr. Dee and Warped9

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I’ve been on MacRumors for five years now and it’s impossible not to notice how myopic some around here can be. They tend to see and judge everything through their own narrow lens rather than in context of a broader perspective.

Apple isn’t giving them exactly what want for a giveaway price so the company has certainly lost its way and is doomed to failure.

At the MBA’s price point as well as all other MBs above it—yes, it should have 16GB and 512GB standard. This despite the fact that for the vast majority of intended users the base MBs deliver more than sufficient performance for their needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.