Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We're tracking quite a few discounts across Apple's 2021 MacBook Pro lineup, with up to $399 off both 14-inch and 16-inch models. All of the deals below can be found on Amazon, and many of them require you to head to the checkout screen before you will see the discounted price.

14-inch MacBook Pro

For the 14-inch MacBook Pro, only the 10-core M1 Pro/1TB SSD model is on sale at $2,099.99, down from $2,499.00. This is the best price we've ever tracked on this model of the 14-inch MacBook Pro.

14-inch-macbook-pro-deal-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

This time around, Amazon does have a checkout coupon for these MacBook Pro sales. This means that you won't see the sale price until you add the notebook to your cart, then head to the checkout screen. There, you'll get an automatic discount worth $99.01 applied to the order.

16-inch MacBook Pro

Secondly, you can get the 10-Core M1 Pro/512GB 16-inch MacBook Pro for $2,099.99, down from $2,499.00. This one is available in Space Gray and Silver, and you won't see the deal price until you head to the checkout screen.

16-inch-macbook-pro-deal-blue.jpg

On the higher end, the 10-Core M1 Pro/1TB 16-inch MacBook Pro is on sale for $2,299.99, down from $2,699.00. This is another record low price on the 2021 MacBook Pro, and it's available in Silver and Space Gray.

If you're looking for an M1 Max model, Amazon is offering a discount on the 10-Core M1 Max/1TB 16-inch MacBook Pro. You can get this model for $3,099.00, down from $3,499.00. Both colors are on sale at this price (Silver requires you to head to checkout to see the price), and this is another all-time low price for the MacBook Pro.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Takes $399 Off Select 14-Inch and 16-Inch MacBook Pro Models

Reactions: amartinez1660

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008
Too heavy for me. If it was < 3 lb, that would work, but then the display doesn’t work for me (eye strain). So I won’t be an MBP owner till these two change.

Last edited:
Reactions: ufomism

NightFox

macrumors 68030
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
I really don't get this nonsense you Americans seem to have to go through with coupons and retailers not being able to show the actual prices they're selling stuff for.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 601
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I went to the Apple store a couple weeks ago and I must admit, the 16 inch is a tank. How people lug that thing around, I don't know. Its definitely a desktop replacement. But 2025 is when I will likely upgrade and its definitely the screensize I'm choosing. Hopefully by then they either have a 16 inch Air or go back to the 2016 to 2020 chassis in 16 inch. I just don't know why they don't push it to 17 or 18 inch at this point though.

• Love
Reactions: interessiert

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008
I really don't get this nonsense you Americans seem to have to go through with coupons and retailers not being able to show the actual prices they're selling stuff for.
Probably designed to break price grabbing tools that do price comparisons, whether for the consumer or competitors.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2020
I went to Brazil and Costa Rica where there was 100% sales tax on electronics and people buy this stuff on long term payments. Whats up with that nonsense?

Zest28

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2022
I went to the Apple store a couple weeks ago and I must admit, the 16 inch is a tank. How people lug that thing around, I don't know. Its definitely a desktop replacement. But 2025 is when I will likely upgrade and its definitely the screensize I'm choosing. Hopefully by then they either have a 16 inch Air or go back to the 2016 to 2020 chassis in 16 inch. I just don't know why they don't push it to 17 or 18 inch at this point though.

The 16" MBP is only 2.1kg. People on MacRumors cannot even lift 2.1kg?

Back in the days when I was in university, I was carry a much more heavier 17" PC laptop everyday without any issues.

Reactions: AndrewClarke

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO

Attachments

• 1663862019609.png
    1663862019609.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 8

NightFox

macrumors 68030
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
And worst of all, we dont have the honor and privilege of paying a 20% VAT. We are so unlucky.
I went to Brazil and Costa Rica where there was 100% sales tax on electronics and people buy this stuff on long term payments. Whats up with that nonsense?
I really wasn't trying to get anyone's back up - you guys are happy with it? It just seems a PITA to someone on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Stars&Stripes

AndrewClarke

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007

Back in the days when I was in university, I was carry a much more heavier 17" PC laptop everyday without any issues.
Agreed. I'm on day 1 of a 16" MacBook Pro. Just replaced a Windows laptop and an old 13" MBP. Granted I'm not tiny, but on my flights yesterday I somehow managed to carry my backpack with my new laptop, which still has to be lighter than my Dell was.

People complained about the "thin at all costs" previous MBP generations, and now that Apple is providing a very slightly thicker laptop with a larger screen, another group is complaining about it being oh so heavy. I'll take the larger screen, monster speed and all-day battery life thank you very much. And, Apple still sells the 14" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air.

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008

They can if they have to but when there are windows options that are 30% less weight, why can’t Apple do the same? Back in the day I owned a 13 MBP that was 4.5 lb. That doesn’t make it desirable or acceptable for today.

• Disagree
Reactions: diandi

GMShadow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021
They can if they have to but when there are windows options that are 30% less weight, why can’t Apple do the same? Back in the day I owned a 13 MBP that was 4.5 lb. That doesn’t make it desirable or acceptable for today.

Those models typically have compromises elsewhere, be it cooling, battery life, etc. The current MBPs are largely the first no-compromise design Apple's done in a decade.

Zest28

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2022

PC laptops with similar power as the 16” M1 Max MacBook Pro are not 30% less in weight, as they are “gaming laptops”.

And most PC laptops are plastic and flex under pressure. So it’s not comparable in build quality.

Reactions: amartinez1660

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008
PC laptops with similar power as the 16” M1 Max MacBook Pro are not 30% less in weight, as they are “gaming laptops”.

And most PC laptops are plastic and flex under pressure.
The problem is there is no non gaming option with a lighter weight.

In general, if the limited choices that Apple puts out work for someone then it’s ok. Otherwise they are forced to abandon macOS.

interessiert

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012

Screen size was exactly the reason why I shortly ago with a bit smaller reduction I bought a MBP M1 Max 1TB instead of a MB Air M2 with less weight. Works flow marvellous! :D 👍 well done :apple: 👍

(since a long period of waiting after 2015 because of a lot of quality troubles and silly TouchBar games and lacking sockets and MagSafe) – I let passing the last waves of Jony Ive 🤣

Sean.

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
Just need a decent back pack. I have carried mine every day since I bought it using my AER city pack. It’s really not that heavy.

volcanic

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2015
Costco has had these exact same prices on MBP for the last month (ends tomorrow ). Costco also has discounted AppleCare

CarAnalogy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2021

I didn’t realize that was uniquely American. My understanding is that the manufacturer wants to sell for a minimum price to uphold value. Apple is one of the main companies with this philosophy. A retailer can’t *advertise* a product at less than the MSRP according to some distributor agreements. Ironically Apple does not actually always appear to be one of these companies, but apparently they are in this case.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2021
The problem is there is no non gaming option with a lighter weight.

In general, if the limited choices that Apple puts out work for someone then it’s ok. Otherwise they are forced to abandon macOS.

There are those options, you just need to buy a business laptop instead of a consumer one. Filter by Windows Professional (it used to be that simple anyway, now also filter out S mode if possible) and you will see those options.

But if you have about $1200+ to spend and want a laptop that’s lightweight and an OS that actually supports a highly mobile use case, there’s a reason most people choose the MBA for that category.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 601
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
If I were Apple, I wouldn't go rushing to make a lot of M2 Pro and Max models. I just think the base of upgrades has already be saturated by the M1 Pro and Max models. Very tiny minority of those users are likely to upgrade.

The question is though, will they bring the Dynamic Island style notch to the new models? It would really be nice for consistency.

NightFox

macrumors 68030
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
I didn’t realize that was uniquely American. My understanding is that the manufacturer wants to sell for a minimum price to uphold value. Apple is one of the main companies with this philosophy. A retailer can’t *advertise* a product at less than the MSRP according to some distributor agreements. Ironically Apple does not actually always appear to be one of these companies, but apparently they are in this case.

I'm not sure about uniquely American, but certainly in the UK and Europe MSRPs are illegal. A manufacturer can set a recommended retail price which retailers will often use to avoid out-competing each other, but they are free to sell (and openly advertise) at any price they wish.

I find it strange that in the US, manufacturers still persist with this when the 'coupon' or 'click for price' loophole seems to be so widely used to exploit it with the full knowledge of the manufacturers. I don't see who really gains apart from maybe the consumer thinking they've beat the system and got a sneaky deal? Or is the whole coupon philosophy just so deeply ingrained in American consumer habits that it's what's expected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.