Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Anker is back this week with a fresh collection of discounts on both Amazon and on Anker's own website. A highlight this time around is the Eufy Security SmartDrop Package Box, which is down to $199.99 on Amazon, from $399.99.

anker-box.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The SmartDrop Package Box lets you secure your deliveries from thieves and notifies you when a new package has been placed inside. Today's price is a match of the previous all-time low price, which we haven't tracked for a few months now.

Besides the SmartDrop Package Box there are a few other Anker accessories on sale today, both on Amazon and on Anker's website. On the Anker website, you'll find both individual deals on charging accessories as well as a few bundle offers.

Shoppers should note that for both websites, most of the deals below will require you to clip an on-page coupon. On Amazon, you can do this by simply clicking the box near the green text under the price of the accessory, and then you'll see the price at checkout. On Anker, you can hit the "copy code" button then proceed to "buy now" in order to get the discount.

Cables and Wall Chargers

anker-charger-yellow.jpg

Portable Batteries

maggo-yellow-anker.jpg

Hubs and Charging Stations
... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: Deals: Anker's Latest Sales Include $200 Off the Eufy SmartDrop Package Box, Plus More Discounts on Charging Accessories

anthonyjr

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
Bought a SmartDrop from the Kickstarter. To be honest, it worked really well. Sadly, I had a month of work in another state - the battery died, and there's no way to get back into the unit other than keys or having setup the optional outlet. They really should have made a rubber opening to the USB-C connector of the battery.

Someone (me) lost the keys somewhere in the house. There's no way to get a spare key from Eufy (despite the lock having a reprint number on it), so my only option is to rip into it with a saw. I placed bricks in the bottom of it so someone couldn't take it. It has been sitting at my front door as a relic for a year.

Despite being my fault outside of design flaws, I can't say I recommend at this point.

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023
Is anyone even still buying Anker after the Eufy data debacle?
Me. I have my driveway, back porch and front door covered by eufy cameras, which I knowingly purchased after all of that, because they make decent products which are affordable and well-supported, and I don’t think their one data misstep negates all of that now that it’s been addressed and corrected. 🤷🏻‍♂️

antibolo

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
What's stopping someone from stealing that?
Exactly my first thought.

My second thought was: Would a delivery person even put the package in there? They're most likely not even going to notice it, and if they do they're probably not going to bother, they're on a tight schedule and not paid enough to care about someone's gimmick box.

This is a stupid product in so many ways.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Does anybody know if the 3-in-1 cube fast charges the Apple watch? (I have the ultra so its fast charge capable)

I am currently using the apple magsafe duo, but since I only charge my watch while I shower and get dressed I need it to fast charge as much as possible for that short period of time.

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
Someone (me) lost the keys somewhere in the house. There's no way to get a spare key from Eufy (despite the lock having a reprint number on it), so my only option is to rip into it with a saw. I placed bricks in the bottom of it so someone couldn't take it. It has been sitting at my front door as a relic for a year.
If you've still not opened it destructively you may want to check out this video on YouTube by TheLockPickingLawyer. Assuming they're using a similar cylinder in this box that they were using in the Smart Lock it may be really easy to pick with a wave rake.

Reactions: zapmymac and cjgrif

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
I am curious if the recent Amazon boxes would fit in this thing. They have been massively oversized compared to the product they're carrying.
I actually saw a news story that covered it and Amazon”s algorithm decides what box to ship products in to best fit into the delivery trucks. Larger boxes may fit better in a certain vehicle and fill in all the empty goods in a vehicle vs a smaller box or mailer.

Reactions: FelixDerKater

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
more of the same more of " I am not buying from this BEEP" of a company. Years of problems from then why should i waste time and money?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.