Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is discounting the Apple Pencil 2 to $99.00, down from $129.00. This is the lowest price that we've ever tracked for the Apple Pencil 2.

applepencilipadair.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple Pencil 2 works with the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (third generation and later), as well as the new iPad Air. With the stylus, iPad owners can take notes, create art, and more. The second generation Apple Pencil can also magnetically attach and pair to the iPad Pro and new iPad Air.

The original Apple Pencil is also on sale for $79.00 this week, down from $99.00. We've seen this model go down a bit lower in older sales, but this is still a solid deal if you need the older model.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Pencil 2 on Sale for $99 at Amazon ($30 Off, Lowest Price)

xxray

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2013
I don't have an iPad that supports Gen 2, but I almost want to buy this now for when I eventually do upgrade. Hmm.

Reactions: dannyyankou

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Best Buy started this sale yesterday so can pick it up for the same price.
Personally, I rarely used my work-provided pencil for my 1st gen 12.9" so will skip AP2 and get a generic one for my 11".

FightTheFuture

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2003
that town east of ann arbor
your best bet is to wait for an Amazon warehouse deal. I got my 1st Gen Apple Pencil for $52 from warehouse back in March. It was in pristine condition, the box was just beaten up.

Best Buy started this sale yesterday so can pick it up for the same price.
Personally, I rarely used my work-provided pencil for my 1st gen 12.9" so will skip AP2 and get a generic one for my 11".

Other retailers like Target or Walmart might price match it. Also, consider the Logitech Crayon ($69) instead of the generics. It might be what you’re looking for.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
your best bet is to wait for an Amazon warehouse deal. I got my 1st Gen Apple Pencil for $52 from warehouse back in March. It was in pristine condition, the box was just beaten up.

Other retailers like Target or Walmart might price match it. Also, consider the Logitech Crayon ($69) instead of the generics. It might be what you’re looking for.
There was already a 20% warehouse deal few weeks ago. I've read some decent reviews on 3rd party units that are in the $20-30 range. I only need it occasionally for highlighting and making some notes so anything basic will do.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2013
There really should be only ONE Apple Pencil. The first design with the popsicle charging method sucks. Very unApple like design. I hope they update all the iPads with the flat edged design of the 11” & 12” iPad Pros So you can use the Apple Pencil 2 across all iPads.

Reactions: Superman730
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.