Deals: Apple Updates iTunes With New Horror Movie Sale, Offering $1 Rentals and Under $20 Bundles

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today refreshed U.S. iTunes store with a slew of new deals and offers, mainly focusing on horror and thriller movies now that we're in October. Below we've also collected all of the latest discounts on Anker products, with new sales that have kicked off in October.

iTunes Horror Movie Sale

The sale is headlined by a large collection of $1 horror rentals, including a wide range of movies from different sub-genres and decades. These include You're Next, Christine, V/H/S, Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II, and many more.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You'll also find horror bundles priced at or under $20, with franchises like Saw, Paranormal Activity, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Conjuring receiving notable discounts. There are also some more recent horror movies on sale, including a bundle of Ari Aster's films Hereditary and Midsommar priced at $19.99, down from $29.99.

We've highlighted many of the movies in the lists below, but be sure to head to iTunes this week to browse the full sale.

$1 Rentals
[*]Christine
The Cell
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Don't Breathe
Creepshow 2
Tucker & Dale vs Evil
Let Me In
Sinister
Children of the Corn
You're Next
Dreamcatcher
Insidious
V/H/S
The RingWes Craven's New Nightmare
The Ruins
Honeymoon
Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II
Queen of the Damned
The Hole in the Ground
Splice
Stephen King's Cat's Eye
Stephen King's Thinner
Itsy Bitsy
The Reaping
The Relic
Wes Craven's Summer of Fear
Pet Sematary TwoUnder $20 Bundles

Midsommar + Hereditary - $19.99
Saw 8 Film Collection - $9.99
Paranormal Activity 6 Film Collection - $19.99
The Conjuring 2 Film Collection - $9.99
Friday the 13th 8 Film Collection - $19.99
Stephen King 8 Film Collection - $19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Film Collection - $9.99
Carrie 2 Film Collection - $19.99
Evil Dead + Don't Breathe - $19.99
Sleepy Hollow + Sweeney Todd - $14.99The Evil Dead + Evil Dead 2 - $9.99
It (2017) + The Shining - $19.99
The Hills Have Eyes 2 Film Collection - $9.99
Cloverfield 2 Film Collection - $14.99
The Ring 3 Film Collection - $17.99
The Silence of the Lambs + Hannibal - $19.99
Pet Sematary 2 Film Collection - $19.99
House of Wax 2 Film Collection - $17.99
Unfriended 2 Film Collection - $7.99
Corpse Bride + Beetlejuice - $19.99
Blade 3 Film Collection - $14.99Anker Sale

Anker's discounts include an ongoing sale on its new Midnight Green portable charger and USB-C to Lightning cable, both of which have a shipping estimate of November. Otherwise, below you'll find markdowns on Bluetooth speakers, Lightning and USB-C cables, hubs, and more portable battery packs.

October Codes
10W Wireless Charging Pad - $9.99 with code QA2512DM, down from $29.99 (exp. 10/30)
[*]PowerLine II USB-C to Lightning Cable Midnight Green - $15.99 with code MIDGREEN, down from $19.99 (exp. 10/11)
[*]PowerCore Slim 10,000 mAh Midnight Green - $31.99 with code MIDGREEN, down from $39.99 (exp. 10/11)
[*]Soundcore Icon Bluetooth Speaker - $37.49 with code SPKICON88, down from $49.99 (exp. 10/6)
[*]Soundcore Icon+ Bluetooth Speaker - $59.99 with code SPKICON88, down from $79.99 (exp. 10/6)
No Codes Needed
[*]PowerLine+ USB-C to USB-A 2.0 (2-Pack 6ft) - $9.99, down from $13.99 (exp. 10/7)
[*]Premium Nylon Lightning Cable (2-Pack 6ft) - $17.99, down from $21.99 (exp. 10/7)
[*]PowerCore 10,000 Battery Pack - $26.99, down from $33.99 (exp. 10/6)
[*]PowerExpand USB-C Hub - $34.49, down from $45.99 (exp. 10/6) Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Updates iTunes With New Horror Movie Sale, Offering $1 Rentals and Under $20 Bundles

Last edited:

Frantisekj

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2017
Deep inside Europe :-)
lol. You can fear from as little as 1 USD now! It is steal.....

Sadly as you noted Apple often goes where money. It has business sense. I would not mind when they would save a bit on any big project and fixed bugs and added features for smaller countries.

rmoliv

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2017
@MacRumors you should have added that it’s a US-only refresh. You do realize that you have readers from all over the world, don’t you?

As to @Apple, it’s a shame they don’t extend this horror movie sale to other countries, especially in those where Halloween is popular too (mostly due to American influence, but still...).

Reactions: sbcdk

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Looking at the picture in the article, ‘Christine’ is an instant horror classic car movie (I actually named my previous Impala SS after that movie:cool:), also, ‘Don’t breathe’ was also worth watching, decent suspense.

• Love
Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
It’s almost like Apple don’t even know there’s a whole world outside America.
@MacRumors you should have added that it’s a US-only refresh. You do realize that you have readers from all over the world, don’t you?
Agreed that MacRumors could have mentioned it in the post (they still could add an update), but the issue usually comes down to complicated licensing rights/contracts; if there's any help from the rights owners in doing the sale, as opposed to Apple simply taking a loss (selling at a discount but still paying the rights holders the non-discount amount), then those negotiations get much more complicated when you want to do it across multiple countries (where other players may have the licensing rights).

TrenttonY

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
All 8 Saw movies for only $1.25 each?

I know the ones after the second one were terrible but still.

Reactions: arefbe

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
All 8 Saw movies for only $1.25 each?

I know the ones after the second one were terrible but still.
But still.....😁 Don’t waste your time with the Saw movies past number two, their garbage and terrible narratives that were poorly directed.

Last edited:

TrenttonY

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
But still.....😁 Don’t waste your time with the Saw movies passed number two, their garbage and terrible narratives they were poorly directed.
In all honesty I'd rather watch those than Spider-man reboot 5 part 3.

Or other mindless never ending superhero movies

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
The sale is headlined by a large collection of $1 horror rentals, including a wide range of movies from different sub-genres and decades.
This is a really good deal.

I don't rent too often, but will look into some of these rentals due to the $1 price tag.

You'll also find horror bundles priced at or under $20
I stopped buying soft copies of movies, TV shows, and music and went back to all physical media.

You keep seeing more and more threads of people saying that iTunes Store titles were removed and a refund wouldn't be issued.

Besides, I can always sell, let someone borrow, or give away my physical media, the same cannot be said about soft media.

Dizzy714

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
The last two Saw films are available in 4k, as standalone purchases. Would this collection purchase grant 4k viewing for those two titles, or lock down to HD?

iamgalt

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2012
Every Halloween season, I check the iTunes store to see if Young Frankenstein is now available, but sadly, it never is. It's a Halloween classic, and a shame the studio doesn't release it digitally.

You keep seeing more and more threads of people saying that iTunes Store titles were removed and a refund wouldn't be issued.
You can always download the digital movies, tv shows, and music, so even if iTunes does remove it, you can still watch them (or listen). Granted, you can't sell it, or lend it that way, but I love not having to find a place to store discs, or change discs if binge watching a tv show. I guess everyone has their own preferences.