Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Deals have emerged this week on the previous generation Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch Series 5, following Apple's announcement of Series 6 and SE models of the wearable device.

apple-watch-series-5-gold-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the Apple Watch Series 3, Amazon is offering the 38mm GPS model for $169.00, down from $199.00. Likewise, the 42mm GPS model is $30 off, priced at $199.00, down from $229.00. These match previous low prices on Series 3 models, and are a great entry point for the Apple Watch.

If you're shopping for the Apple Watch Series 5, Amazon has the 44mm GPS Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band for $329.00, down from $429.00. At $100 off, this is an Amazon all-time-low price. This is the only Series 5 model on sale on Amazon this week.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Sales Hit Series 3 and Series 5 Models at Up to $100 Off

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I could maybe understand still buying the Series 6 for an extra $100, but why would anyone buy the SE at $280 instead of the Series 5 at $300?
I guess ECG isn’t too important to some people. Also, I imagine SE has better battery life without the AOD, my series 5 had worse battery life than series 4.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
Target (and others) were doing $100 off Series 5 months ago. Come on retailers, you're gonna need to do better for a now defunct product!

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you're shopping for the Apple Watch Series 5, Amazon has the 44mm GPS Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band for $329.00, down from $429.00. At $100 off, this is an Amazon all-time-low price. This is the only Series 5 model on sale on Amazon this week.

You can buy the Series 5 for this price directly from Apple.. But of course, MacRumors doesn't get a kickback if you do that.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
You can buy the Series 5 for this price directly from Apple.. But of course, MacRumors doesn't get a kickback if you do that.

True about the "kickback" which is minor and pretty standard practice. But it is kind of disingenuous of you not to mention that the unit you are comparing to from Apple is a refurb. I have purchased a bunch of refurbs from apple and they were all great. But still a refurb and that is an important distinction.

Reactions: Boatboy24

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I could maybe understand still buying the Series 6 for an extra $100, but why would anyone buy the SE at $280 instead of the Series 5 at $300?
The Series 5 is on clearance. Once they are gone, the SE has no competition at that price point.

pers0n

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2014
I need to decide if I should upgrade to 5 or 6 from 3. Is there really any big deal in 6? I’ll wait for Black Friday deals as well.
Black Friday will probably be a week or month long event mostly online because of COVID, some stores won’t have it this year in physical stores

Reactions: Christian 5G

WildSky

Contributor
Apr 16, 2020
East of the sun, west of the moon
It's not $100 off list price on the S5. It's only $50.
Yes, that's correct. The new S5 40mm GPS list price is now $349, not $399, and a 44mm list is now $379. There are lots of refurb S3, S4 and S5 available right now. The prices for the two mentioned here start at $309 ($40 off) and $329 ($50 off). You can see the new list prices by going to the Apple Watch refurbs to view what the refurb prices are discounted from.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68020
Jun 6, 2005
Need to see reviews of the O2 sensor for fitness to make sure Apple has appropriately incorporated it and not just added as outside feature. Other dedicated fitness devices use the O2 sensor a lot.

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
True about the "kickback" which is minor and pretty standard practice. But it is kind of disingenuous of you not to mention that the unit you are comparing to from Apple is a refurb. I have purchased a bunch of refurbs from apple and they were all great. But still a refurb and that is an important distinction.

You're very naive.

When Apple discontinues a product. Any inventory in the chain goes back to the warehouses and is sold at discount via the "refurb" section of the online store.

It is the same boxed product that was sitting on the shelves.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
If you
You're very naive.

When Apple discontinues a product. Any inventory in the chain goes back to the warehouses and is sold at discount via the "refurb" section of the online store.

It is the same boxed product that was sitting on the shelves.

I have never received an Apple refurb that was in a retail box. You have? So you say they take back retail product that could be sold with a discount at retail. Then they re-box them into plain, refurb boxes, and then sell at the same price as the retail discount would have been?

Yep. I AM naive I guess. I had no idea they went through all that trouble to make no additional money. :D

MacCheetah3

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN

$20-30 more for a Series 5 versus SE isn't bad.

However, for me, ECG seemingly has little relevance to me and I'd probably disable the AOD -- I don't think the battery drain is worth the rare convenience.

More importantly for consideration is if a person wants an Apple official band, such as the Solo or Braided Solo. Why? Because if you purchase a Series 5 from Amazon or the Apple Store refurb section, you'll need to shell out another $49 or $99 (USD) for the band, whereas that cost is discounted $49 (i.e. $0 or $50) if you buy the SE with the band included. Just pointing out added costs some may not be realizing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.