Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Walmart today introduced new deals on numerous models of the new Apple Watch SE, starting at $229.99 for the 40mm GPS model, down from $279.99. Across all models, you'll find $50 in savings on both GPS and cellular devices. These sales are being matched at Target.

applewatchseroundup.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple introduced the new Apple Watch SE this year, offering all of the essential Apple Watch functionality in a slightly less costly package. The Apple Watch SE is almost identical to the Series 6, but it does not have ECG or blood oxygen functionality, as those health features take hardware that Apple did not include in the lower-cost option.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch SE Models Discounted by $50, Starting at $229.99

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
I’ve got my eye on a watch 6 sale. I love my 4, but I’d really like an always on screen.

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
What's with Apple products having sales all of the time anymore? These, headphones, and homepods. It's starting to make buying things on day 1 seem like a bad idea.

It is the company's transition to services, they need volume sales to drive user base up.

They will not do these flash sales themselves so they use authorized sales partners like Amazon BestBuy, Walmart, etc. to do it.

And quite frankly I think it is working, $230 is a good price for the leading wearable device on the market... then this person is likely to bump up iCloud storage, subscribe to Music or to their fitness service, all triggered by owning the hardware.

Last edited:

trip1ex

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2008
What's with Apple products having sales all of the time anymore? These, headphones, and homepods. It's starting to make buying things on day 1 seem like a bad idea.
Meh. Don't think anything has changed that much.

Apple stuff gets discounted quite often actually by retailers. IT's also xmas season in corona times.

And this isn't a flagship model. It's an SE meant for budget conscious customers. It looks like they will be more aggressive discounting it at places like Walmart just like they are with the Iphone SE.

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I’d wait till Black Friday at this point. It’s not completely out of the question that the SE could be slashed by $100, which is literally less than a few weeks away.

Last edited:

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2010
Look at this way; when they’re charging you $130 for a MagSafe Duo, you’re basically saving the money on everything else 😂

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple Watch SE with Cellular is perfect for kids. With cellular-only use (when kids are away from home), getting the longest battery life can be challenging. So Apple Watch 6's always on screen is a disadvantage. I would even turn off "Wake on Wrist Raise" setting.

My only quibble is that US carriers charge $10/month. At $5/month, it becomes "please take my money" impulse buy.

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Apple introduced the new Apple Watch SE this year, offering all of the essential Apple Watch functionality in a slightly less costly package. The Apple Watch SE is almost identical to the Series 6, but it does not have ECG or blood oxygen functionality, as those health features take hardware that Apple did not include in the lower-cost option.
Or the always-on display, which is much more important to me than either of those health features.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Why is anyone saying it’ll get cheaper for Black Friday? This is a Black Friday promotion. Retailers have all stated that it’ll be doing Black Friday all month long rather than one day only

Reactions: 1961templar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.