Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is offering a big selection of Apple Watch Series 7 at a discount, including both GPS and cellular models. Every model is shipped and sold directly by Amazon, with stock available for shipping today for most devices.

Apple-Watch-Series-7-Rainbow-Cropped-Blue-Discount.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Prices start at $369.00 for the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 7, down from $399.00. This sale price is available in five colors, and it's a second-best price and so far the best price we've seen in 2022.

41mm GPS Aluminum

You can also get the 45mm GPS Apple Watch Series 7 on sale, available for $399.00, down from $429.00. Similar to the smaller model, this is a second-best price and one of the best prices that we've tracked on the wearable so far in 2022.

45mm GPS Aluminum

Last is a group of cellular models, with both 41mm and 45mm devices getting discounts this week on Amazon. These sales aren't as extensive as the GPS Series 7 models, so you'll only find a few colors marked down for the 41mm cellular option.

41mm Cellular Aluminum

However, all aluminum colors are available for the 45mm cellular Apple Watch Series 7. For all Apple Watch sales listed in this article, only Amazon is currently offering these discounts, so be sure to check out the offers soon if you're interested.

45mm Cellular Aluminum
Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Series 7 Discounted by Up to $40 in Amazon's New Sale

Zaren

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2000
And a week after I finally ordered a refurb 6 for $325. C'est la vie.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 601
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Geez, these Apple Watches are stinking expensive! I think even when my Series 3 stops getting updates I won’t be rushing to get a new one.

Reactions: arkitect

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
My questions is about Stainless Steel vs. Aluminum. I have a series 4 stainless steel that has held up very well other than the battery is really losing it's potency as battery health is at 83%. So I am thinking of a series 7 now that the rumors are saying there will be no ground breaking health monitors next year. So to save some bucks, I was wondering how much of a downgrade, if any, there is if I go to the aluminum from the stainless steel? I am pretty gentle with my watch and take good care of them.

Thanks for any thoughts,.

Reactions: JM

JM

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2014
I think my next watch will have to be SS. not a fan of this soft glass on the aluminum models. It nicks and scratches on ANYTHING. By then, it’ll be $1000 though, probably :(

And whoever warned me about the soft glass in the forums, ten points to you ;) I can’t remember who you are.

JM

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2014
My questions is about Stainless Steel vs. Aluminum. I have a series 4 stainless steel that has held up very well other than the battery is really losing it's potency as battery health is at 83%. So I am thinking of a series 7 now that the rumors are saying there will be no ground breaking health monitors next year. So to save some bucks, I was wondering how much of a downgrade, if any, there is if I go to the aluminum from the stainless steel? I am pretty gentle with my watch and take good care of them.

See my reply above, but the glass on aluminum scratches on EVERYTHING. it’s really soft.

Spend the extra $300 and feel better about it.

Other than the soft glass, the SS are the only models that have a pure black or silver option on the s7 (All the aluminum models have color. BLECH!!! ?)

But, there’s no difference internally between SS and aluminum. I have no faith that will be the case on the future, though. Apple does what Apple does, and so I think they will likely create a PRO watch to separate the plebes even more (and give it better specs and features). Apple prove me wrong, please ?

siddavis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2009

I literally just got my S7 yesterday. I thought I was set to get SS this time because of the hints of color on the aluminum models, but still decided to go with the midnight aluminum. I am very pleasantly surprised by how black it is vs my much "gray-er" S4 space gray model. I really don't see the hints of blue at all that are apparent in the marketing photos.

I have had S0, S2, S3, S4 and now S7 all aluminum models, and only the S4 ever showed a screen scratch. None of my cases ever showed wear. It really just depends on how often you are in situations to scratch it. But it only takes one time! IMO I will probably only ever get a SS model if it is used. These things are expensive enough and I don't see $xxx extra value when the internals are the same. Just my two pennies...

Reactions: PlayUltimate

ineedanaccont

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2011

If you're happy with the watch and your only concern is the battery you can get it replaced for $79.00.

PlayUltimate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO
Despite the discount, not sure that I will buy another Apple product from Amazon. I bought my wife AirPods Pro for Christmas and they had already had someone else's name assigned to it. Not a huge deal to correct, but it would have been nice to know that the discounted products that I was buying may not have been new.

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
Geez, these Apple Watches are stinking expensive! I think even when my Series 3 stops getting updates I won’t be rushing to get a new one.
They are $30 more than the original Apple watch series 0. I can see how you would be outraged by *checks notes again* $30...

Reactions: Zaren

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
If you're happy with the watch and your only concern is the battery you can get it replaced for $79.00.
Hadn't thought of that. Does it have to be covered by AC+? Do they have to ship it out for the battery swap or do they do it in the store?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Actually, if I recall, doesn’t the watch have to pass a battery threshold test or pose some defect in order for Apple to replace it? They just won’t replace the battery just because the ‘user wants it replaced’, there has to be a 80% threshold test and/or a notable defect (I.e-Battery is swollen, ect.)

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN

Between 4 close family members using 8+ watches over several years we have never bought anything besides aluminum. I typically manage the upgrades, purchasing of the new and reselling of the old (usually on eBay), save for some very minor scratches I really haven't seen any issues with the aluminum watches. That said, most of these watches were/are protected with silicon bumpers. I have a Nike 7 LTE and LOVE it, and we have two Nike 5 LTE's and one silver 3 GPS that really needs to be upgraded soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.