Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first generation Apple Watch Ultra has hit a new all-time low price today on Amazon, available for $629.00, down from $799.00. The version on sale is the Titanium Case with Yellow/Beige Trail Loop in the S/M size.

apple-watch-ultra-1-image.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

There is another model on sale for slightly more at $659.00, but as of now these are the only first generation models of the Apple Watch Ultra on sale. This second device is the Titanium Case with Orange Alpine Loop.

We aren't tracking any all-time low prices on the new Apple Watch Ultra 2 at this time, with the steepest discount on Amazon measuring about $25 off. The second generation model is a very minor upgrade on the first generation device, so if your priority is saving money you'd do well to check out Amazon's sale on the original Ultra.

If you want a specific breakdown on how the two wearables compare, we have a Buyer's Guide on the major differences between the Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Ultra 2. Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Update: This sale has expired, but you can still get the Orange Alpine Loop model for the second-best price of $659.00.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Ultra 1 Drops to Best-Ever Price of $629 ($170 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
[Amazon Canada]: Ultra 1 and Ultra 2 are the same price. Why would the Ultra 1 be cheaper?

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Isn't that the same for any other piece of tech?
True but smartwatches really have it tough... most people prior to smartwatches would keep watches the best part of 10, 20 or 30 years depending on the value and build.

Smartwatches like Apple Watch... even official battery replacement is out the window 5 years post discontinuation. Even though it functionally for the best part does most of what it was made to do.

It would have been really awesome if Apple created a preservation scheme... whereby older Apple Watches can be retrofitted with software that just turns it into a watch with some smart functions... like a bespoke version of Watch OS that gives it basic functionality for time and all its sensors etc. Basically turning it into a watch you can keep or gift to someone and it has a life as a regular watch... without need for iPhone etc. Running a super efficient OS could give it life of days or weeks depending on implementation. And a service to replace battery post that 5 years thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarpalMac

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
S8 vs S9:
7nm (A13 based) vs 5nm (A15 based)
?? vs 60% more transistors
no Neural Engine vs 4 core Neural Engine...

Don't but an Ultra 1 (maybe at half off? More than half?)

Reactions: schlackattack

mrow

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
Very capable little device. For some reason I prefer the original Watch form factor.
I’m the opposite. After having an Ultra since launch I could never go back to the standard watch. I love the form factor (I was hesitant at first) and I especially love how it looks paired with Nomad’s silver titanium band. Change the color to silver and scroll down for some on wrist shots. After picking up this band I don’t wear anything else anymore, and I have quite a few nice bands.

Reactions: MacLawyer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.