Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2 have been out for a few weeks now, and Amazon is still offering launch discounts on both wearables. You can get $9 off the Apple Watch Series 9 and up to $25 off the Apple Watch Ultra 2, with no coupon code required.

Apple-Watch-Series-9-and-Ultra-2-Deals-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Although not particularly steep discounts, Amazon's prices are solid for anyone who's planning to pick up one of the new Apple Watches soon. Most models can be delivered as soon as October 6 for Prime members and around October 9 for free delivery options.

Amazon only has one Apple Watch Ultra 2 model at the new all-time low price of $774.00 (Indigo Alpine Loop, Large). You'll find a large collection of other models at $779.99, which is still a solid $19 discount for these brand new watches.

Another highlight is the 40mm GPS Apple Watch SE at $219.99 with an on-page coupon discount, down from $249.99. Only one color is available at this second-best price, the Midnight Aluminum with Midnight Sport Band. You can also get the 44mm GPS Apple Watch SE model at $249.99 with an on-page coupon discount, down from $279.00.

Apple Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 9 (GPS)

Apple Watch Series 9 (Cellular)

Apple Watch SE

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Apple Watch Ultra 2 Drops to New Record Low Price of $774 Along With More Deals on Series 9 and SE

no_idea

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
Wait - you’re telling me that a v2 of the ultra that did not get a significant battery life bump is not selling? So shocked

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
AWU2 is not really an incentive upgrade for AWU1 users.
I traded in my S6 Wifi (120 USD) for an AWU2 and will probably do the same for AWU4 as I assume the 3rd iteration might be more different.

For sure it doesn't sell as well as AWU1 did.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
AWU2 is not really an incentive upgrade for AWU1 users.
I traded in my S6 Wifi (120 USD) for an AWU2 and will probably do the same for AWU4 as I assume the 3rd iteration might be more different.

For sure it doesn't sell as well as AWU1 did.
It wasn't intended as an upgrade from AWU1 and I am willing to bet it outsells the AWU1 since more people will go for the 2nd gen version of it. There are a lot of people who hesitate to buy a first gen product.

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
It wasn't intended as an upgrade from AWU1 and I am willing to bet it outsells the AWU1 since more people will go for the 2nd gen version of it. There are a lot of people who hesitate to buy a first gen product.
Yep agreed.
I am also hesitant to buy any longer the 1st gen of a new design.
Like in the old times: iPhone 4 vs 4s - always the s was better :)

Not sure if my rationale is correct anymore, however, since I don't have the wallet to do yearly upgrades, I usually go for bigger leaps in tech change - when the HW I use is right before becoming too slow or outdated.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is amazing. I came from a Series 4. This thing is gonna last me the rest of the decade.

Hot take, but I think the Apple Watch Ultra 2 might be one of the best bang for your buck Apple products. It's way more durable than anything else Apple makes, it has longer battery life than anything else Apple makes, it has more storage than it needs, and with this new chip that will probably be reused for several more generations—it should get software updates for a good, long time. It also has this unique "adventure, with style" aesthetic that none of their other products have that I'm really vibing with. I wish Apple would make an iPhone Ultra. Even if they just do once size, maybe split the difference between the Pro Max and the Pro, and do more of a rugged titanium with a small lip at the top, stronger glass on top, titanium on the rear with a small inset ceramic circle for MagSafe 2 (30W), and did the same sort of rugged aesthetic with the orange accent bits for a larger, better positioned inset action button, I would be all over that. Make it a bit thicker so it has crazy battery life, add Thunderbolt, give it an "A18 Ultra" chip (primarily more GPU cores and RAM), split screen multitasking, Apple Pencil support, and call it a day. Since it should have great drop resistance, you won't need a case, so making it thicker would be basically the same as adding a case to a Pro model.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
is using the phrase "record low price" for a product that's been out less than two weeks weird? Or is it just me? Like, of course it's a record low, this is the first discount. It could have been 1c off and it still would be a record low

Last edited:

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is amazing. I came from a Series 4. This thing is gonna last me the rest of the decade.

Hot take, but I think the Apple Watch Ultra 2 might be one of the best bang for your buck Apple products. It's way more durable than anything else Apple makes, it has longer battery life than anything else Apple makes, it has more storage than it needs, and with this new chip that will probably be reused for several more generations—it should get software updates for a good, long time. It also has this unique "adventure, with style" aesthetic that none of their other products have that I'm really vibing with.
I’m actually really happy you posted this because I’ve been struggling with buyers remorse for my AWU2, thinking it was dumb because it’s not “much of an upgrade” even coming from my series 5, and I wasn’t sure about it aesthetically either. I only upgraded because my S5 was starting to die faster and exhibit a few minor issues due to the display being replaced by a third party last year.

But reading what you wrote gave me some perspective that I found myself agreeing with and I think I just realized that I really love this Ultra 2 and also see myself keeping it for quite awhile. Aesthetically it’s growing on me, the performance and battery life are wonderful, and it seems exceptionally durable. I’ve already banged it off of a brick wall twice at the club where I DJ 😂

Overall, excellent device and I think I’m really glad I made the jump.

ufgatorvet

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2010
Savannah, GA
I am in an inner battle to not impulsively get an AWU2 to replace my AW6. I want that battery life and feature enhancements, but financial wisdom is telling me to run the AW6 into the ground.
My feelings exactly. My car unintentionally slightly veers towards the Apple Store whenever in the vicinity, but I resist temptation and drive on by! AW7 Ti here still very functional and pristine in condition ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.