Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's 14-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 8-core CPU, 512GB) has dropped to $1,749.99, down from $1,999.00. This sale price will be reflected after you add the MacBook Pro to your cart on Amazon and receive an automatic coupon worth $200.

14in-MacBook-Pro-Deals-Red-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

In total this discount reaches to $249 off the original price of the 14-inch MacBook Pro, and it's a new all-time low price on this model. You can get the sale in both Silver and Space Gray color options, and both are in stock and sold by Amazon.

Final price includes $200 taken off at checkout.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Update: The sale quickly expired, but if it returns to Amazon we'll update this article again.

Update 2: The sale has returned, but only in Space Gray.

Update 3: The sale has expired again.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 14-Inch MacBook Pro Drops to Record Low Price of $1,749.99 ($249 Off) [Update: Expired]

Last edited:

akfgpuppet

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
The 831
Is it sold out already? I can add it to my cart, but when I check out, my cart is empty. Clicking on buy now, just sends me to my empty cart.

jumanji

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2003
Austin, TX
this is a great deal but I really, really wish it was on a 10 core or higher one. my guess is that not many are buying the 8 core

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Is it sold out already? I can add it to my cart, but when I check out, my cart is empty. Clicking on buy now, just sends me to my empty cart.
Yep, it’s OOS. It was posted on Slickdeals and likely went fast.

Edit: the deal is going in and out. SG is back available.

Last edited:

japasneezemonk

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2005
Nomad
I am still waiting for these to hit the Apple Refurbished site to see how low the prices for some of the higher spec models might go.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm still seeing it for $1949 with $200 off coupon at checkout. That being said, no way I'm buying a "Pro" machine with only a half TB of storage and 16GB of RAM in 2022.

Reactions: DiceMoney

Furfural

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Same sale going on at Costco - if you purchased this model from Costco within the last 30 days you may be eligible of a price adjustment refund. I bought mine 29 days ago.. See how that goes.

Reactions: amartinez1660

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Does anybody understand how this works? How can Amazon drop Apple listed price by 249$ and still make a profit? Do Apple sell very large numbers of their products to Amazon at such a big discount and, if so, why?

That’s how much Apple overprices things at MSRP now

I think it was a conscious choice at some point to push up MRSPs a bit to make more room for “SALE!!!” pricing while still maintaining their margins.

Brand new Apple products hit sale pricing at third party retailers very quickly nowadays.
It’s a retail sales carrot that definitely works.

Reactions: DiceMoney

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
The reason this sale is going on?

Because I bought one 2 days ago full price. I bought it at Best Buy which price matches, btw. Thanks ....not

• Haha
Reactions: CalMin

SSDGUY

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2009
Is it me or does it seem like SSD storage prices has not declined in relation to the increase in processor power. I mean, $500 more to go from 512GB to 1TB? That's a huge percentage of the total cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.