Deals: Apple's 2019 128GB iPod Touch Discounted to $274.99 on Amazon ($24 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is discounting Apple's 128GB iPod touch from 2019 to $274.99, down from $299.00. This discount is a match of the previous Amazon low price seen on this model of the iPod touch, and it's only available in the Silver color option.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple updated the iPod touch in May of 2019 with an improved processor, support for Group FaceTime, augmented reality capabilities, and more. The Wi-Fi iPod touch is a device focused on letting users listen to music via Apple Music and play games from the App Store or using Apple Arcade.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week. If you're looking for audio devices to pair with an iPod Touch, visit our Best AirPods Deals and Best HomePod Deals guides to shop for the lowest prices on Apple's Bluetooth headphones and speaker.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 2019 128GB iPod Touch Discounted to $274.99 on Amazon ($24 Off)

Last edited:

imola.zhp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
I wonder if having an iPod touch permanently connected to a wired apple carplay vehicle would work well. Have it use wifi hotspot to bridge iphone in your pocket when driving.

Anyone?

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Be warned that this device is very slow, there is a horrible overall lag that gets very annoying.

What do people use the iPod touch for any more?
I use iPod touch for music at gatherings so that I don't have to handle my cellphone or computer to anyone or having to constantly disconnect to allow someone else to connect and play their music.

I also prefer using the iPod touch for workouts and to play music in my car.

It is also the device I hand to my little nephews and nieces when I visit, they would bug you until you let them play with it.

Last edited:

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Europe
Does anyone know of a good MP3/FLAC player these days? Something that supports 512GB-1TB of storage (built-in, microSD, don't care which), ideally with normal tactile buttons.

Neepman

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Does anyone know of a good MP3/FLAC player these days? Something that supports 512GB-1TB of storage (built-in, microSD, don't care which), ideally with normal tactile buttons.
- - Post merged: - -

If so let me know too. . Because they all need to stay clear of apples UI, The UI on all of them is so awful and counter intuitive it makes you want to beat them with a hammer.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
for the form factor and screen/components, I wish this was a cheaper price. It is a bit long in the tooth.

I have used an older version for my kids. a great little gaming, messaging, video watching device for little ones with no need for a cell plan.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
I wonder if having an iPod touch permanently connected to a wired apple carplay vehicle would work well. Have it use wifi hotspot to bridge iphone in your pocket when driving.

Anyone?
I don't think anything but the iPhone supports Carplay. Very unfortunate, I have an iPad with cellular even and it doesn't do Carplay. I could do Bluetooth audio, but no Carplay with the iPad.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
If you want an alternative, (for a much lighter device over how heavy/large the standard iPhone is today), you can’t beat this device. It’s matured very well with little to no hardware issues.

Last edited:

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
It's a perfect small iOS device for kids who aren't ready for a cell phone. Think 9-12 year olds. IMO, if they can treat that device well (i.e. not loose it, not drop it, not visit sites they shouldn't) then we can discuss cell phones. :)
But why spend $275 for an iPod Touch when you can get a used iPhone 7 off Swappa for under $200 with the same A10 processor, 128GB storage, and have a larger screen? Just don't activate it.

Bonus: spare iPhone in case of emergency

apparatchik

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
An iPhone SE 2 or an iPad mini (both $399, A13 & A12 chips, respectively) offer significantly more value, and are vastly more capable devices, for most of the uses cases mentioned here than the $299, A10 128GB iPod. Of course, price wise, the $199 32 GB iPod is unmatched.

Professor Rucy

Suspended
Jan 29, 2020
Tyler, Texas, USA
I was once in a restaurant and the waiter used an iPod touch as device to send my drink and food Order to the kitchen.
I’ve seen Walmart employees using these as well for price checks and to check that secret black honle stock that’s in the back and not on the shelves.

I think these devices anymore are more practical—and for sales, scalable—for corporations using these for inventory tracking as long as WiFi is available, and employers don’t want to deal with a phone plan. While these are current at a RIDICULOUS price for a consumer purchase in 2020 (they are just a non-SIM iPhone 7 after all), most larger IT departments can get the budget to buy these things and also not worry about rolling out large-scale iOS and software-specific updates and all the usual IT hassle with phones.

Reactions: DinkThifferent
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.