Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We're tracking an ongoing number of solid deals on Apple's previous generation iPad Pro from last year. In the sales below, you'll find a complete list of discounts on the 2020 iPad Pro, with up to $200 off 11-inch and 12.9-inch tablets.

iPad-Pro-Deals-Feature-Yellow.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To start, Amazon has the 512GB Wi-Fi 11-inch iPad Pro for $949.99, down from $1,099.00. This is Amazon's strongest current discount on the 2020 11-inch iPad Pro, and it's a price that you'll see at the checkout screen after a coupon code worth $49.01 is applied.

For the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, B&H Photo is offering the 256GB Wi-Fi tablet for $949.00, down from $1,099.00. While this isn't an all-time low price, it is currently the best sale online and beating prices seen at Amazon and Best Buy.

11-Inch iPad Pro (2020)

• Wi-Fi 256GB - $797.00 at Amazon ($100 off)
  • Wi-Fi 512GB - $949.99 at Amazon ($149 off, lowest price)
  • Wi-Fi 1TB - $1,149.99 at Amazon ($150 off)
  • Cellular 128GB - $849.00 at Amazon ($100 off)
  • Cellular 512GB - $1,149.99 at Amazon ($99 off, lowest price)
12.9-Inch iPad Pro (2020)

• Wi-Fi 256GB - $999.99 at Amazon ($100 off)
  • Wi-Fi 1TB - $1,299.00 at Amazon ($200 off, lowest price)
  • Cellular 256GB - $1,149.00 at Amazon ($99 off)
For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro. Additionally, be sure to visit our Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 2020 iPad Pro Lineup Marked Down by as Much as $200 in New Sales

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
The M1 iPad will be in the same place next year. I am waiting until around 2023 before I upgrade from my 2017 iPad Pro. But considering the deals always show up 6 months after, I will likely have to wait until Spring 2024 to get a discount on the 2023 iPad Pro.

Reactions: ouimetnick

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Let me know how soon I can get the 2020 1 TB iPad Pro 11 gently used with warranty for $600-$700.

I checked and I paid $580 for a gently used, 3 months of warranty iPad Pro 10.5 512GB in early December 2018 a few months after the iPad Pro 11 launched.

These devices are so useless and limited for actual productivity in my use case, so it’s just a YouTube, NetFlix viewer or web browser. I wish higher storage capacity wasn’t limited to the Pro.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
Let me know how soon I can get the 2020 1 TB iPad Pro 11 gently used with warranty for $600-$700.

I checked and I paid $580 for a gently used, 3 months of warranty iPad Pro 10.5 512GB in early December 2018 a few months after the iPad Pro 11 launched.

These devices are so useless and limited for actual productivity in my use case, so it’s just a YouTube, NetFlix viewer or web browser. I wish higher storage capacity wasn’t limited to the Pro.
Just curious: Why do you need lots of storage for a "useless and limited YouTube, Netflix viewer or web browser" device?

Why do you need a Pro or Air at all? The base iPad should more than meet your needs.

Even your current 10.5 should do the trick.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Just curious: Why do you need lots of storage for a "useless and limited YouTube, Netflix viewer or web browser" device?

Why do you need a Pro or Air at all? The base iPad should more than meet your needs.

Even your current 10.5 should do the trick.
The current 10.5 does do the trick, that’s why I returned the 11” Pro I bought last year. I have high resolution music, a bunch of TV shows and movies. Sure I don’t NEED all of those movies and stuff on the device, but i shouldn’t have to chose. It came in handy when I was hospitalized for a month. Hospital WiFi was terrible, but I had enough entertainment on the iPad to last the 4.5 weeks I was there.

Cloud storage costs a monthly fee and costs data, data is expensive, reception varies, etc. I’d rather be able to have local access to my files like I’ve had ever since I first touched a computer.

I was also hoping to use the files app to store all of my files locally, but there’s no way to exclude the contents stored in Files from being backed up to iCloud either, so the 250GB I copied over folder by folder (since files.app crashes with large files) and then was surprised to see no way to stop it from being added to iCloud, even though I have it backed up on 3 separate hard drives. ? Give me a 512GB iPad Air with the speakers and promotion of the 2017 10.5, save the M1

I remember Phil Schiller said at WWDC in 2009 when talking about the Mac “Great hardware deserves great software, and to Craig Federghi is gonna tell you all about it” I always thought that was a smart way to go about it. I didn’t buy a Mac just because it had better build quality but because of Apple’s iLife and iWork suits at the time.

I guess that principle doesn’t apply to the iPad Pro though. The software capabilities/limitations are the same as on a 2017 iPad Pro with 4GB ram, 2020
$329 iPad or $2300 iPad Pro with 16GB ram. Sad!

Great hardware does deserve great software, and the iPad has been neglected by the software engineering teams while the hardware teams push forward. Adding mouse support doesn’t really count because that doesn’t take advantage of any special hardware found in the iPad Pro models.

Last edited:

spatlese44

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2007
Milwaukee
I keep track of depreciation for all my Apple devices on a spreadsheet. Saving $200 on a $1000 device that’s over a year old with a useful lifespan of about five years isn’t much of a deal.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

Wolframite

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2021
Does anybody know what happens to all those older, unsold iPads that are discounted, but not discounted enough to entice people to buy them? Do they get progressively cheaper over time, or does Apple or another supplier buy them back and reuse or recycle the parts?

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
The M1 iPad will be in the same place next year. I am waiting until around 2023 before I upgrade from my 2017 iPad Pro. But considering the deals always show up 6 months after, I will likely have to wait until Spring 2024 to get a discount on the 2023 iPad Pro.
You can also get lucky with deals on used if you don't want to wait. I bought a used iPad Pro 2020 for $500 on ebay with a scratch on it that a screen protector hides. A few months ago I bought an Apple Watch Series 6 cellular Nike for $350 that was essentially new.

i say they need too do a better job if they are going too be doing this deal stuff

you can get a new ipad pro 2020 has low has $679 on swappa

Buy Wi-Fi iPad Pro 11" 2nd Gen 2020 - Swappa
They also list the price of the 12.9 as both $949 and $999 for the 256 GB. These posts are just for referral credits as the deals were significantly better last week on the 2020s.

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Does anybody know what happens to all those older, unsold iPads that are discounted, but not discounted enough to entice people to buy them? Do they get progressively cheaper over time, or does Apple or another supplier buy them back and reuse or recycle the parts?
Typically they'll hit a point where they are used for parts I believe. Apple naturally knows when a replacement is likely and will slow down production, but I believe they work with retailers to swap their inventory too.

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
The current 10.5 does do the trick, that’s why I returned the 11” Pro I bought last year. I have high resolution music, a bunch of TV shows and movies. Sure I don’t NEED all of those movies and stuff on the device, but i shouldn’t have to chose. It came in handy when I was hospitalized for a month. Hospital WiFi was terrible, but I had enough entertainment on the iPad to last the 4.5 weeks I was there.
I hope that whatever ailed you has been overcome :)
Cloud storage costs a monthly fee and costs data, data is expensive, reception varies, etc. I’d rather be able to have local access to my files like I’ve had ever since I first touched a computer.
Boomers and GenX'ers like myself care into this category a lot, which is one of the reasons why I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a personal iPad until now (my wife and daughter have had one for years).
I was also hoping to use the files app to store all of my files locally, but there’s no way to exclude the contents stored in Files from being backed up to iCloud either, so the 250GB I copied over folder by folder (since files.app crashes with large files) and then was surprised to see no way to stop it from being added to iCloud, even though I have it backed up on 3 separate hard drives. ? Give me a 512GB iPad Air with the speakers and promotion of the 2017 10.5, save the M1
I need at least 1TB to keep all my data local. However, I didn't know that there is forced iCloud syncing of files. Hmm.

I remember Phil Schiller said at WWDC in 2009 when talking about the Mac “Great hardware deserves great software, and to Craig Federghi is gonna tell you all about it” I always thought that was a smart way to go about it. I didn’t buy a Mac just because it had better build quality but because of Apple’s iLife and iWork suits at the time.

I guess that principle doesn’t apply to the iPad Pro though. The software capabilities/limitations are the same as on a 2017 iPad Pro with 4GB ram, 2020
$329 iPad or $2300 iPad Pro with 16GB ram. Sad!

Great hardware does deserve great software, and the iPad has been neglected by the software engineering teams while the hardware teams push forward. Adding mouse support doesn’t really count because that doesn’t take advantage of any special hardware found in the iPad Pro models.
My Macs have also been primarily iLife devices, and still are. I do not use them in any professional capacity, and never have, twenty years in.

But now the iPad can handle literally EVERYTHING I have EVER used a Mac for (and a few new things only an iPad can do), so it looks like it's the end of an era in my house.

The beauty of it is that none of this detracts from the awesome Mac products here now and still to come.

Reactions: ouimetnick

DanGoh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2014
My 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 has touch disease, a white spot, and I'm running out of storage so I'm in the market for a new iPad Pro. I don't mind a 2020 model for cheaper but this is just not a good deal. With a student discount at Apple I could get the 2021 model for $749 or $849 for the 128GB and 256Gb models, respectively. $50 for a newer CPU, a better front facing camera, and an additional 2GB of RAM is a no brainer.

nStyle

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can just move all the files to a third party app like Documents or VLC to avoid them being backed up. You can still see everything in one place in the Files app

Razorpit

Suspended
Feb 2, 2021
really how ? I found that the 11 inch iPad pro 2021 128gb is at 749$ = only 50$ off,
They have a $100 coupon they sent out to email right at ordering time. Not sure if it’s still good. Check your email right around that time. I almost missed it myself until someone here mentioned it.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
They have a $100 coupon they sent out to email right at ordering time. Not sure if it’s still good. Check your email right around that time. I almost missed it myself until someone here mentioned it.
That coupon expired on 5/7/21. Even if you didn’t receive the email people were able to get one from customer service ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.