Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today you can get Apple's 24-inch 7-Core GPU, 256GB iMac for a new record low price of $1,239.92, down from $1,299.00. This model is sold by Expercom on Amazon and it's available in Silver and Blue.

iMac-M1-Raindow-Feature-Spread-out.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This deal beats the previous best price by about $10, making it the new all-time low price on this model on Amazon. You'll also find the 8-core, 256GB model discounted this week on Amazon in Silver and Orange.

You can keep track of ongoing sales on Apple's iMac line by visiting our Best iMac Deals guide. There, we keep track of the best iMac offers from Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, and other retailers, so be sure to check back often if you're shopping for an iMac for the first time, or thinking of upgrading.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 24-Inch iMac (7-Core, 256GB) Drops to Low Price of $1,239.92

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Not a bad deal for a minimal machine. Looking at one of these to replace my mom's 2015 iMac, which still works fine but is getting a bit long in the tooth and will soon be unsupported for new OS updates.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I started on the whole Mac thing in 1992. It's amazing what kind of computer you can buy today for under $1500.
That’s true. Still I remember my IIvx from those days with fonder memories than anything new. Even if an Apple Watch would stomp it in processing power.

Reactions: StoneJack

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
Good machine for grandma or the kids. I'm not sure why Apple has this massive gap in desktop technology, you're either back to school or you're rendering 8k video. Hopefully we'll see the iMac M2 with 32" display starting at $1999. If I'm not mistaken, a $700 increase would match up with the margin between the older 27"/21.5" models.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
great colors - but wish there was gun metal and black as an option

I wish those colors on the back were the same on the front. I am not a fan of the more pastel fronts. Yet, the stands being lighter don't bother me.
Still disappointed they haven't offered a sliver or space gray w/black bezel option. Made worse with the larger iMac not being released yet.

Also it is almost like Apple Marketing knows the pastel fronts are problematic, in all the stock photos and animations they display it as being the same color as the base. Of course when you see or have it in person that is certainly not the case in most lighting situations.

Anyway... my parents like the Blue one I got them to replace their 2011 21.5" iMac. I wouldn't get one for myself because of the colors and light bezel.

AxiomaticRubric

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2010
On Mars, Praising the Omnissiah
Agreed. I'm there with an M1 and DELL USB-C single connection monitor. Best of both worlds!

As I sit with my MBP M1 on a QHD 165hz IPS, I still can't figure why people would want these for home use.

This is difficult to explain. An iMac offers a different experience. Some users prefer the simplicity of an all-in-one desktop. Also some users are perfectly fine with an iPad on the go, leaving the more capable machine at home for the more complicated work flows.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Unless in school or office setting, I wonder why people would opt for iMac instead of MBA + external monitor.
Not speaking for all, but at least in my case I prefer having a full desktop for macOS and an iPad for on the go.

I'm not a power user and upgraded my 2012 27" iMac to the new M1 -- when I'm at home I prefer having an all-in-one that I can use for "bigger screen" things like research, writing, Logic, playing the occasional game and watching an episode or two. 24" is the sweet spot for me and I love just having it all set up without needing to have a MacBook with me and worrying about cables. I also have an audio setup that would be too tedious to set up with a MacBook. I traded my MBP for an 11" iPad/MKB so use that for on the go and note taking since I wasn't really using any macOS specific features while out and it compliments the iMac well. And I just love the look of the yellow iMac -- to my surprise I loved the white bezels so that too was a good selling feature for the iMac vs external monitor.

That being said, I don't know a single person who has a desktop (besides a few who are heavily invested in PC gaming, but even then their primary computer for anything non-gaming is a laptop) anymore so I feel like I am a minority in this case, especially amongst the university crowd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.